Last Updated: 1st May, 2013
IIIT DELHI M.Tech. Admission 2013
The goal of the MTech program is to train students to become professionals for the high-end jobs. The program is based on the best practice models at top universities across the world. For details about the program, refer to this document.
- Currently, IIIT-Delhi has only full-time MTech program in CSE and ECE.
- Maximum of 10 seats per specialization may be filled for those with high GATE score (Direct Admission).
- IIIT-Delhi will conduct a written exam in its campus on June 22nd for the rest of the seats.
- Students with qualified GATE score will get a monthly stipend.
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC/ST, PH and CW category candidates (details).
IIIT-Delhi invites applications for admission in MTech in 2013
|MTech Areas||Important Dates|
|MTech (Computer Science and Engineering)||MTech
(Electrical and Communications Engineering)
|M.Tech. in ECE with specialization in VLSI & Embedded Systems (20 seats)||
Eligibility for MTech in CSE:
- The minimum eligibility criterion for this program is B.Tech./B.E. in CS/IT/ECE/EE with at least 7.5 CGPA (out of 10) or 70% or distinction. We expect the candidates to have proper foundations in algorithms and theory, good programming skills, in particular, systems programming, and ability to work hard. Requirements may be relaxed for candidates with relevant experience in the area of security, database, or mobile computing.
- MCA/MSc(CS/IT/ECE) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that in their undergraduate (i.e. B.Sc.) they should have Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
Eligibility for MTech in ECE:
- The minimum eligibility criterion for this program is B.Tech./B.E. in ECE/EE and allied areas with at least 7.5 CGPA (out of 10) or 70% or distinction. We expect the candidates to have good foundations in electronics and communications with enhanced problem solving capabilities. Excellent programming skills are an added advantage. Maximum of 10 seats per specialization may be filled using GATE score (Direct admission).
- MSc(in ECE or allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that in their undergraduate (i.e. B.Sc.) they should have Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
Sponsored Full Time Candidates:This category comprises of students who are working professionals and are sponsored by the reputed organization (from Government or private organizations) by giving an undertaking. They will not be entitled to any financial assistance from the Institute, fee waiver, and on-campus placement. Admission process will be same as for regular candidates. However, the institute currently has only full-time option and no part-time option is available.
- Apply online: Fill up the online MTech application form (Click here for form)
- You can apply to only one program (CSE or ECE).
- Application checklist:
- Non refundable application fee:A demand draft of Rs. 350 in favor of IIIT-Delhi, payable at Delhi
- Please write your name, application ID, email and phone number at the back of the demand draft and send it by post to the address below.
- The draft (hardcopy of application form is NOT required to apply) should reach IIIT-Delhi at the following address latest by May 31st 5:00pm, otherwise your application might be rejected.
Assistant Manager (Academics)
A-107, Academics Building, IIIT-Delhi
Okhla Industrial Area, Phase-3
New Delhi – 110020
Admission Process: Based on the facts furnished in the application, candidates have to appear for a competitive entrance process that includes written test. Written test will contain objective and/or short subjective questions. The questions will cover a typical B.Tech. CSE / ECE curriculum. The list of selected candidates and wait listed candidates will be prepared based on the written test performance.
Fees and Assistantship: The fee for the entire MTech program is Rs 2.5 Lac (i.e. Rs 1.25 Lac per year if M.Tech is completed within 4 semesters).
Contact:For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/C.V – application will be entirely online only through this website. For other information, you may contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE PROGRAM M.Tech. (CSE & ECE)
Specific guidelines for these programs and relevant documents and forms are available here.
IIIT-Delhi subscribes to the view that a Masters degree is primarily industry-focused, though it can be used as a stepping stone for research as well. And the decision whether the degree is to be pursued for skill and knowledge up-gradation or also for building research skills should rest with the student. The Institute also believes that a student should also be given an option of pursuing MTech without assistantship so he/she can focus full time on the program, and possibly finish the program MTech sooner, as compared to a student who is on Assistantship and so has to do part-time work in lieu of the assistantship.
The Institute feels that to address the needs of the industry, which today requires more specialized manpower as each field is getting more complex, it is desirable to provide specializations within Computer Science in the MTech program. For this, the Institute permits a student to do an “MTech” or “MTech with specialization“.
The MTech program is credit-based, i.e., the students have to take courses worth certain credit. Further details are described in the pages of the respective programs.
Frequently Asked Questions – M.Tech. Admissions
- 5% relaxation in marks obtained in X, XII, BTech and other degrees will be given to SC/ST candidates during screening, as well as all the MTech entrance exams held on campus. Same relaxation also applies to candidates who are physically handicapped (category PH) or children/war widow of defense personnel killed/disabled in action (category CW). For candidates falling in multiple reservation categories, a maximum of 5% relaxation as specified above will be given.
- IIIT-D MTech program is a full time program, not a part time program.
- GATE scores are optional.
- MCA/MSc(CS/IT/ECE) students are also eligible to apply with the condition that in their undergraduate (i.e. B.Sc.) they should have Mathematics as one of the courses.
- Test/interview venue is in IIIT-D (address).
- Students in their final semester of B.Tech./B.E. are eligible to apply.
- We will not entertain requests to change the test/interview dates and place.
- If the candidate is selected for admission and decides to join IIIT-D, hostel facility will be provided as per the norms of the institute.
- If there are seats left after the first round of admissions (for which the online application deadline is May 22, 2013), we may have another round of admissions later.
- All communications will be through email. We will not send any postal mail. Further, most announcements about the admission to the MTech program for 2013 will be made through this site. Results will also be declared through this site. Hence, candidates are advised to check this site regularly for updates.