Published on 21st February, 2014
ISRO SCIENTIST/ENGINEER POST 2014
ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ in the pay band of Rs.15600-39100 with grade pay Rs.5400/- to the young graduates in the following specialized fields
To get the online application form, please click on the Post Name below for which you want to apply for.
|Code||Post Name||No. of Vacancies||Vacancies identified for filling-up with Persons with Disabilities|
|BE001||Scientist/Engineer SC – Electronics||35||02|
|BE002||Scientist/Engineer SC – Mechanical||50||03|
|BE003||Scientist/Engineer SC – Computer Science||17||01|
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2013-14 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31/8/2014.
- 35 years as on 13/03/2014. Ex-Serviceman and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 20/02/2014 and 13/03/2014. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 20/02/2014 and 13/03/2014. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily. The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
- Payment of Application Fee : There will be an Application Fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. After registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized payment challan form, in triplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Receipt Account Number, Advertisement No., and Post code. The candidates may visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India for remittance of application fee to Receipt Account (account number will be published in the web-site), by using the personalized payment challan of State Bank of India on any day between 20/02/2014 and 14/03/2014. The candidates may down-load and print the personalized payment challan from the ISRO system on any day between 20/02/2014 and 13/03/2014 and remit the application fee before the prescribed last date i.e, 14/03/2014. Upon remittance of the application fee, one copy of the challan form will be retained by State Bank [Bank copy] and remaining two parts will be given to the candidate. Out of the two challan parts, the candidate has to send one part of the challan form [ISRO copy] to Head, P & GA (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore – 560094 by post superscribing on the envelope “ICRB – RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER” within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 21/03/2014. The remaining copy of challan form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference. The payment shall be made through cash deposit only. Payment of Application fee in any other form like cash, cheque, draft, money order, IPO, etc, are not allowed. Applications in respect of which copy of challan form, after remittance of prescribed application fee [ISRO copy] is not received in ISRO HQ, Bangalore on or before 21/03/2014, will not be considered for further processing under any circumstances.
- Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form, in duplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No., and Post code. Out of the two personalized registration confirmation form, the candidates have to send one part of the form [ISRO copy] alongwith a certificate indicated against each category, as below, to the Head, P & GA (ICRB) , ISRO HQ, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore – 560 094 by post superscribing on the envelope “ICRB – RECRUTMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER” within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 21/03/2014. The remaining copy of registration confirmation form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference.
- Applications of candidates claiming Women/SC/ST/PWD status and therefore exemption from payment of Application Fee will be considered only if the certificate, as above, is received within 7 days of filing of application on-line and in any case not later than 21/03/2014. The candidates who are already employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Bodies have to send a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to the Head, P & GA [ICRB], ISRO Headquarters, Bangalore within seven days of filing the applications on-line by the candidates and in any case not later than 21/03/2014.
Documents to be sent to ISRO Headquarters, Bangalore
|Women Candidate||ISRO copy of Registration confirmation form + self-attested copy of PAN Card/Voter’s ID Card/College ID Card/Passport/Driving License/Ration Card OR Gender status indicated in certificate issued by the Principal of the College where last studied||Those who are already employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/ Autonomous Bodies should produce “No objection certificate” from the employer concerned.|
|SC/ST candidates||ISRO copy of Registration confirmation form + self-attested copy of Caste Certificate|
|Persons with Disabilities||ISRO copy of Registration confirmation form + self-attested copy of Medical Certificate indicating extent of disability issued by Medical Board|
|Ex-Servicemen||ISRO copy of Registration confirmation form + self-attested copy of Discharge Certificate|
|Others, including OBC candidates||ISRO copy of challan|
The candidate should have First Class with minimum 65% marks in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent
- . Please note that this qualification prescribed is the MINIMUM requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test. Based on the academic performance and bio-data, initial screening will be conducted and a higher cut-off percentage may be adopted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test.
The written test will be conducted on 26 April, 2014 [Saturday] at ten venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram
- . However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters for the written test to the short- listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the first/second week of April 2014. Based on the performance in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified. Written test is only a first level screening and written test score will not be considered for final selection process. Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview and those who secure minimum 60% marks in the interview will be eligible for consideration for empanelment in the selection panel, in the order of merit.
Pay and Allowances:
- Selected candidates will be appointed as
- in the pay band of Rs. 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs 5400/-. The gross emoluments in the minimum of pay band will at present be approximately Rs 39,900/-p.m. In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively. The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed, limited housing facility for fresh entrants in lieu of HRA, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
- Candidates may apply for the post against any of the disciplines mentioned in the drop-down menu (Step 3) of the Application form.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- The number of posts indicated above are provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit http://www.isro.gov.in/isro_centres.htm
- Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the city indicated in the on-line application form to the place of interview (change of address and city for the purpose will not be entertained).
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complied with the requirements and adhered to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
|The Answer Keys will be published on the ISRO Website within three working days of the Written Test, i.e. on 30-04-2014. The candidates may raise objections, if any, within 5 days (i.e. on or before 05.05.2014) of publishing the answer keys in the website, to the e-mail email@example.com. Objections, if any, received thereafter will not be considered under any circumstances.|