Published on 17th February, 2015
LNM Institute of Information Technology M.Tech Admission 2015
Post-Graduate programs Offered:
Master of Technology (M.Tech) : No. of Seats (15)/Dept
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Software Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Data Analytics
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with Specialization in Mobile Communication
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) : No. of Seats (2)
- Mechanical and Mechatronics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Masters of Science (M.S.) / Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) : No. of Seats (5)
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Communication and Computer Engineering
Major Research Areas Computer Science and Engineering:
- Software Engineering, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Ad Hoc Networks, Distributed Computing
Electronics and Communication Engineering:
- Wireless Communication, Microwave and RF Techniques, Signal Processing, VLSI, Photonics Communication
Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering:
- Thermal and Energy Engineering (Alternate fuels for IC Engines, Cogeneration/Trigeneration, Renewable energy engineering, Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer), Production Engineering (Manufacturing Technology, Welding Technology), Mechatronics Engineering
Humanities and Social Sciences:
- English: The Literature of the Early Twentieth Century, Postcolonial Studies, Cultural Studies, Film and Adaptation Studies, Modernist Studies, Contemporary Literatures of the Indian Subcontinent, Applied Linguistics, English Language Teaching, English as a Lingua Franca
- Psychology: Health Psychology, Positive Psychology, Organizational Behavior
- Economics – Labour Economics, Developmental Economics, Environmental Economics, International Economics.
- Numerical Analysis, Computational Partial Differential Equations, Singularly Perturbed Problems, Finite Element Methods, Spectral Element Methods, Scientific Computing, Topology and Function Space, Cryptography
- Material Science and Engineering, High Energy Physics, Particle Physics, Cosmology
For Engineering Disciplines
- The applicants for M.Tech and M.S. must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Master’s degree in Science with minimum 60 percent/6.5 CPI (on a 10 point Scale).
- The applicants for Ph.D. in CSE/ECE should have a Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)r Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) or closely related areas from any recognized University with a minimum of 70% marks. In case of candidates having relevant work/ research experience in academia/ industry after the Master’s degree, the minimum marks requirement may be relaxed. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with exceptionally good academic record will also be considered for admission to the Ph.D. program subject to a minimum CGPA of 8.5 on a 10.0 point scale.
- The applicants for Ph.D in Mechanical and MME must have a M.Tech. In Mechanical or Mechatronics or in relevent areas with minimum 60% marks/6.5 CPI (on a 10 point Scale)..
For Physics and Mathematics Disciplines
The applicants for Ph.D. must have a Master’s degree in respective or allied area with minimum 60 percent/6.5 CPI (on a 10 point Scale).
For Humanities and Social Sciences
The applicants for Ph.D. should have a Master’s degree in relevant/ interdisciplinary subject with minimum 55 percent marks / 5.5 CPI (on a 10 point scale).
The applicants must apply for admission on prescribed forms, which must be sent directly to the Chairman, AC PGC.
- Pattern of question paper for the written exam conducted by the institute.
- The question paper will be of one and half hour duration. It will consist of objective and short answer type questions. There will be NO negative marking.
- All admissions will be made on approval by the Chairman, Academic Council on the recommendations of the duly constituted selection committees and the Chairman, AC PGC. The constitution of the selection committee will be proposed by the Chairman, AC PGC, and approved by the Chairman, Academic Council.
- Admission to the M. Tech. program may be made directly based on the performance in the qualifying examination, GATE score, and overall academic record of the candidates. In addition, some of the candidates may also be called for written tests and/or interviews.
- Admission to the M.S. and Ph.D. programs will be based on written tests, interviews and/or GATE score.
- The selected candidates who have completed all the examinations including thesis examination and the viva voce before the date of registration but are unable to produce the certificate in proof of having passed and secured the minimum specified qualifying marks, may be considered for provisional admission. However, if admitted provisionally, they will be required to produce the evidence of their having passed the qualifying degree examination with minimum specified marks before the beginning date of the second mid-semester examination as specified in the academic calendar, failing which the admission may be canceled.
- On approval by the Chairman of the Academic Council, the Chairman of the AC PGC will issue the admission letters to the candidates. Candidates will be required to deposit the prescribed fee on or before the specified date.
- In case a candidate does not accept the offer by paying the prescribed fee by the specified date, the offer of admission may stand withdrawn, and the admission be offered to a candidate on the waiting list, if any, in order of merit.
- The offer of admission may also stand withdrawn if the candidate who has accepted the offer fails to register by the date for late registration.
- CSE : Computer Programming, Data Structure and Algorithms, Operating System, Database Management System, Computer Networks, Discrete Mathematics.
- Mathematics (Ph.D): Algebra, Linear Algebra, Real and Complex Analysis, Topology, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations.
- Mechanical and Mechatronics:
- GENERAL ENGINEERING & DESIGN :Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Theory of Machines, Vibrations, Design.
- FLUID MECHANICS & THERMAL SCIENCES: Fluid Mechanics, Heat-Transfer, Thermodynamics, Gas Turbines, IC Engines, Power Plant Engineering
- PRODUCTION ENGINEERING: Metal Casting, Metal Forming, Metal Joining Processes, Machining and Machine Tool Operations, Tool Engineering, Metrology and Inspection, Powder Metallurgy, Polymers and Composites, Manufacturing Analysis, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Engineering Materials.
- INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING: Product Design and Development, Engineering Economy and Costing, Work System Design, Facility Design, Production Planning and Inventory Control, Operation Research, Quality Management, Reliability and Maintenance, Management Information System, Intellectual Property System.
- MECHATRONICS: Introduction to mechatronic systems and components. Principles of basic electronics. Microprocessors and their applications, integrated circuits, sensors, actuators, and other electrical/electronic hardware in mechatronic systems. Principles of electronic/system communication. Interfacing. DA and AD converters, software and hardware principles and tools to build mechatronic systems. Design and selection of mechatronic applications to CNC systems, robotics, consumer electronic products etc. Note: The candidates willing to apply for Mechanical Engineering areas can attend the questions related to Industrial Engineering and those with Mechatronics Engineering can attend for the Mechatronics.
- Digital Design Introduction to Digital Design, Number Systems & Codes, Boolean Algebra and Minimization Techniques, Digital CMOS Logic, Combinatorial Circuits & Systems, Sequential Circuits & Systems, Finite State Machines.
- Analog Electronics: Circuit Theory, Network analysis, Op-amp, RC, RLC Circuits, Physics of transistors, Characteristics and biasing of BJT, Small signal (incremental) equivalent circuits, CE, CB and CC amplifiers, Difference Amplifier Design, Oscillators and Filters: Bode plots, Clipping, Clamping and other Non-Linear Op-Amp applications, Power supplies, DAC: Principles and Circuits, ADC: Principles and Circuits.
- Signals and Systems:Linear time invariant (LTI) systems: Discrete and continuous, Fourier representation of periodic signals, Fourier Transform of aperiodic signals, Laplace and z-transform, Linear Feedback Systems.
- Digital Signal Processing Transform analysis of LTI systems, Structures for Discrete Time systems, FIR Filter Design Techniques, The Discrete Fourier Transform and Computational Aspects, Multi-rate digital Signal Processing, Adaptive signal Processing, Stochastic signals, Wiener Filtering, LMS and RMS algorithms, spectral estimation.
- Basic Analog and Digital Communication
- Probability and matrices
- English Literature
- Chaucer to Shakespeare
- Jacobean to Restoration Period
- Augustan Age: 18th Century Literature
- Romantic Period
- Victorian Period
- Modern Period
- 20th Century and Contemporary British Literature
- European Literature from 18th to 20th Century
- New Literatures in English
- American and other non-British Literatures
- Indian Writing in English
- Literary Theory and Criticism (up to T.S. Eliot)
- Contemporary Literary Theory
- Culture Studies
- Prosody and Rhetoric
- Literary Comprehension
- Applied Linguistics and ELT
- Applied Linguistics (Structuralism, Chomsky, Halliday)
- Language Acquisition (L1/L2)
- Discourse Analysis
- Fundamentals of Phonetics and Phonological Theory
- Generative Syntax, Semantics and Morphology
- Contemporary English Grammar
- English Language Teaching (Pedagogic Methods, Approaches and Techniques), Critical Theories, Trends and Movements
- Communicative Approach to Language Teaching (CLT)
- Language Testing and Assessment
- Error Analysis, Contrastive Analysis
- English for Academic/ Specific purposes (EAP/ESP)
- Curriculum Designing
- General Psychology
- Research Methodology
- Psychological Statistics
- Psychological Testing
Online Application begin on May 05, 2015.