Last Updated: 30th May, 2013
NIT Kurukshetra Detail
(Description/ Courses/ CCMT Cutoffs/ Placement / Image/Review )
Affiliated To : AICTE
Established In : 1963
Location : BA-6, Thanesar, Haryana 136119
Website : www.nitkkr.ac.in
Kurukshetra is located on the Delhi-Ambala section of Northern Railway, at about 160 kms from Delhi. The Institute campus is 5 km from Kurukshetra Rail Junction and about 10 km from Pipli, a well-known road junction on the National Highway No.1 (Sher Shah Suri Marg/G.T. Road). The NITK campus is adjacent to Kurukshetra University campus and is accessible through the Main Gate (Gate No. 2) of the University.
The fee at NIT Kurukshetra is quite low; about Rs.25,000 per semester inclusive of everything.
The good part about most of the professors is that they’re quite approachable. The not-so-good part is that many of the professors here take their jobs for granted. However, the mechanical and civil faculty is really good; in fact, students say that the civil department in NIT Kurukshetra is comparable to any IIT simply because of their amazing, highly experienced professors. The IT and Comps faculty, though, isn’t that great – many of them work on an ad-hoc basis, and aren’t too interested in teaching.
Although NIT Kurukshetra is generally quite particular about attendance, you’ll find a number of professors in various departments who aren’t at all strict in this respect, but you’re far better off not taking too many chances.
Since NIT Kurukshetra is in Haryana, you wouldn’t expect the most decent of crowds. But surprisingly, it’s not at all bad. Those rowdy fights that you associate with people from these areas are highly uncommon, in fact almost absent. Students get along pretty well with each other, so the college is probably one of the safest places in the state. The boy/girl ratio is about 6:1, which of course isn’t so good.
Really good, actually. The salaries range between about 4 lac and 12 lac per year. The core branches have good placements, with companies like Larsen and Toubro, Era Contructions, etc visiting the campus. The placements for computers and IT branches are fantastic; SanDisk, Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Compaq are among the companies recruiting from NIT Kurukshetra. Some more names in the fray are Samsung, Ingersol, Freescale, etc.
M.Tech Courses offered
B. Tech. Degree
Courses of study are offered in the following disciplines:
|Discipline||No. of Seats|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||139|
|Industrial Engineering & Management||92|
M. Tech Degree
The duration of an M. Tech. course is four semesters for regular students and two semesters for Postgraduate diploma holders in the relevant disciplines.
COURSES OF STUDY
M.Tech Degree Courses:
Courses of study are offered in the following disciplines and specializations:
|(a) Civil Engineering||(i) Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engg.(ii) Structural Engg.(iii) Water Resources Engg.(iv) Transportation Engg.(v) Environmental Engg|
|(b) Electrical Engineering||(i) Control System(ii) Power System(iii) Power Electronics & Drives|
|(c) Electronics & Comm||(i) Electronics & Comm. Engg. Engineering(ii) VLSI Design**This program will be offered by School ofVLSI Design & Embedded Systemsw.e.f. academic year 2012-13 |
|(d) Mechanical Engineering||(i) Industrial and Production Engineering(ii) Thermal Engineering(iii)Machine Design|
|(e) Physics||: (i) Instrumentation(ii) Nano-Technology|
|(f) Computer Engineering||Computer Engineering|
|(g) School of VLSI Design & Embedded Systems||: (i) Embedded System Design|
|(h) School of Energy and Efficiency||: (i) Renewable Energy Systems|
CCMT CUTOFF 2012
|Civil Engineering – (CE)||Environmental Engineering – (EV)||G1||363||334||330||277||260||231|
|Civil Engineering – (CE)||Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering – (SM)||G1||404||358||322||309||252||223|
|Civil Engineering – (CE)||Structural Engineering – (SU)||G1||514||425||391||367||359||256||203||203|
|Civil Engineering – (CE)||Transportation Engineering – (TE)||G1||424||363||334||313||256||248|
|Civil Engineering – (CE)||Water Resources Engineering – (WR)||G1||346||318||301||277||244||219|
|Computer Engineering – (CX)||Computer Engineering – (XE)||G1||725||634||602||561||443||439||348||348|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering – (EC)||Electronics & Communication Engineering – (EG)||G1||633||597||573||554||428||404||272||272|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering – (EC)||VLSI Design – (VN)||G1||651||621||591||555||422||406||284||278|
|Electrical Engineering – (EE)||Control System Engineering – (CO)||G1||617||539||509||473||407||383||305||305|
|Electrical Engineering – (EE)||Power Electronics & Drives – (PD)||G1||605||551||521||493||389||365||341||341|
|Electrical Engineering – (EE)||Power System Engineering – (PS)||G1||683||547||508||491||461||365||335||335|
|Mechanical Engineering – (ME)||Industrial & Production Engineering – (IP)||G1||533||507||493||428||337||334|
|Mechanical Engineering – (ME)||Machine Design – (MD)||G1||578||525||522||475||395||363|
|Mechanical Engineering – (ME)||Thermal Engineering – (TI)||G1||616||529||518||475||370||344||254||221|
|Physics – (PH)||Instrumentation – (IX)||G1||406||386|
|Physics – (PH)||Nanotechnology – (NT)||G1||539||331|
M.Tech Student Review
1. placements are very good for graduate students, top companies are visiting here during the whole year, but for PG students comparatively placements is less. companies visiting over here place almost same criteria and Package for UGs and PGs except 2-3 companies.
2. placement are good for only B.Tech students not for M.tech students. i got place in l&t company,but i didn’t get any joining date till now i wait for that company for more than 6 months. please don’t allow that type of companies in our campus.that one is my sad experience in our campus.
B.Tech Student review
Though details of average salary are still not out but it would definitely be in a range of 5 lacs per annum. Highest salary was 12.86 lac per annum offered by google india. Institute has been getting 100% placements through campus placements for last few months. The top companies visiting are Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, RBS, Freescale, Intel,Goldmann sach, NTPC, IOCL, HPCL, PGCIL, Brahmos, DRDO, BPCL, Maruti-Suzuki, Flour Daniel, Bechtel, Alstom, Siemens, Ericsson, Honda, JCB, Schneider, Tata, BEL, EIL, Samsung e.t.c
1. infrastructure in terms of building is good, hostels are very good here, but the basic things regarding teaching facilities including experiments, use of experimental devices are not up to the mark. basically we can say resources are very good here but the individuals are not that much capable to use them up to the limit. library, computer, internet facilities are very good but its management is not that much good.
2. N.I.T, Kurukshetra has excellent library facilities with both central and departmental libraries. Labs too are very good and always in a state of improvement. The computer facilities are also adequate and because of the new LAN facilities the internet facilities in hostels have also improved by leaps and bounds. The academic area boasts of good wi-fi facility. The hostel facilities provided by the institute is also one of the best in the country and is still improving. As most of the faculty and students live on campus the transport facilities existing with institute are rudimentary in nature
1. Experience, qualification and other things of the faculties is okay, if compare with other private college it is good but still practical orientation of the subject, encouragement towards industrial application is less here. some of the faculty members are very good. but you can’t expect from all.
2. Subject knowledge and teaching methodology of techers specifically in civil engineering department is very good. Teachers are well qualified with most holding phd degrees. They have good industrial and practical experience too. But the industrial relations with respect to students is in a state of improvement with a lot to achieve.