NIT M.Tech Admission Process Overview
(Just For an idea Dates are not exact)
This section provides only a broad overview of the stages involved in counseling and admission process.
Candidates are strongly advised to read instructions available on CCMT website on registration process and choice filling/locking process before proceeding with the actual registration process.
- Application fee for registration process is non refundable. An application fee of `1000/- for SC/ST and ` 1500/- for rest of the categories is payable only by Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking/e-challan (ICICI Bank only), is non- refundable and would not be adjusted towards any other fee [refer section 5.2 for e-challan guidelines]. The facility of payment of application fee by e-challan would be available only till 26th May 2013.
- Candidates are advised to first check their eligibility to various programmes very carefully.
- All eligible candidates will have to register during May 12 to May 29, 2013 and fill their choices ONLINE during
May 12 to June 2, 2013 on CCMT website www.ccmt.in to become eligible for seat allotment.
- All candidates must carefully enter the correct and verifiable personal information during online registration.
- Candidates must read carefully all terms & conditions before clicking on the “I agree” check box.
- During this period, the candidates are free to change, reorder, delete and add to their choices of programmes / institutes as per their preference till they lock their choice or till the last date of choice filling.
- Candidate must ensure themselves that they are fully eligible and satisfy special eligibility conditions (see Annexure-VII) for a particular programme before filling up that programme in the list of preferred choices. It would not be responsibility of the CCMT if their admission is later cancelled due to non fulfillment of eligibility criteria of a particular programme which they are incidentally allotted.
- All the candidates must lock their final choices before 5.00 PM on June 2, 2013.
- Candidates will not be able to unlock their choices once they are locked.
- If candidates fail to explicitly lock their choices by 5.00 PM on June 2, 2013, their last saved choices will be automatically locked after this deadline. Candidates are therefore strongly advised to lock their choices themselves. Candidates who have not filled even one choice would lose their chance to get admission as their applications would not be processed further. Therefore candidates are strongly advised to fill at least one choice of their interest as soon as they register.
- Candidates must take printout of their registration form and locked choices. This printout, which will also mention the terms and conditions agreed to by the candidates, has to be signed and submitted at the time of reporting for admission.
- Registered candidates who do not fill any choices or fail to save them cannot be considered for seat allotment and admission, except that they may be considered for the spot admission round by respective NITs.
- If the information submitted by any candidate is found to be fraudulent, incorrect or untrue, the seat allotted (if any) will be cancelled without any further reference. Moreover, such candidate may no longer be considered eligible for admission and will also be liable for legal action.
2 E-challan Guidelines
- In case you generate e-challan same, you will need to take a printout of the e-challan, visit any branch of ICICI Bank only and make the required payment of Application Fee in order to proceed with your Registration Process. Last date of depositing application fee by e-challan in any ICICI Bank is 26th May 2013.
- CCMT will not be responsible for any payments made after May 26, 2013 by e-challan.
- E-challan payment could only be made by either cash or DD. In case of DD, please fill the details of DD correctly in the e-challan before submitting it to the Bank. DD should be in favour of “Chairman CCMT 2013” and payable at location where e-challan would be deposited. Branch Transaction ID and Branch SOL ID would be filled by the branch where e-challan would be deposited.
- Please note in case you generate an e-challan and do not made the payment in the bank, your Registration Process will not be complete and you will not receive a Login / Password.
- In case you have made the payment in the Bank, we would receive a confirmation from the Bank. Only after receipt of such confirmation, you would receive your Login / Password along with the Payment Receipt. This process can take up to 72 hours after you make the payment.
- In case you have made the payment and not received the Login / Password along with the Payment Receipt in your e-mail after more than 72 hours of making the payment, please contact the CCMT administrator at email@example.com with your Payment Details and a scanned copy of your e-challan with Bank Acknowledgement. In such a case, you MUST contact ICICI Bank wherever you have deposited application fee against e-challan.
- Once you receive your Login / Password, please use the Login Page to complete your Registration Process.
- E-challan can only be generated one time.
- Your e-challan copy will be emailed on your registered email address as entered in Registration Screen.
- In case of any further queries, please contact CCMT administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Seat Allotment and reporting to Reporting Center
- The first round of seat allotment will be displayed on June 9, 2013, on the website www.ccmt.in. Individual allotment letters will not be sent to the candidates.
- All the candidates who get an allotment will have to report in person to any one of the Reporting Centers within the scheduled time frame, failing which their seat allotment shall stand cancelled. Also, they will not be considered for further rounds of seat allotment, except that they may be considered for the spot admission round by respective NITs.
- Candidates will have to produce all the relevant certificates/documents in original for verification, one set of photocopies of the such documents, signed printout of registration form and locked choices and provisional allotment letter printed from the website, when they report to the Reporting Center.
- Proof of payment of initial fee of `10,000/- (for all Categories) paid through Credit/Debit card, internet banking or through e-challan of ICICI Bank is to be produced at the time of reporting.
- Candidates shall, at this point, indicate their willingness to be considered for all of their higher preference choices (across the institutes) during further rounds of seat allotment (Option I) OR choose to remain within the institute allotted to them for consideration of higher choices within the institute (Option II), OR choose to remain with the institute and programmes allotted to them (Option III).
- Option I and Option II candidates, if allotted their higher preference choices during subsequent rounds, will compulsorily forfeit their claim on seats allotted to them in earlier rounds.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued to the candidates at the Reporting Center after the initial fee is paid, and all certificates / credentials are found in order.
- Some of the institutions and programmes have additional restrictions on qualifications, age, gender and categories (see Annexure VII). Candidates are advised to ensure themselves that they satisfy all the additional criteria before they fill in their choices for these programmes / institutes. CCMT will not be responsible for any errors / misjudgments on the part of the candidates.
- The second round of allotment will be displayed on June 17, 2013, and the third round of allotment on June 25, 2013.
- Candidates at any stage before July 6, 2013 can approach the reporting center (only during reporting of first three rounds), where they had initially reported, to withdraw from the CCMT counselling process and also to initiate the process of refund of initial/partial fee paid by them.
4 Reporting at Reporting Center / Allotted Institute during first three rounds
- Candidates, who get their seat allotment for the first time in any of the first two rounds of allotment, will report to any one of the Reporting Centers during the respective reporting periods.
- During the reporting period against the second round of allotment, candidates who have taken provisional admission during the first round may change their Option from Option I to Option II, OR Option I to Option III OR Option II to Option III. For this purpose, they will have to report between June 19 to 22, 2013 to the same Reporting Center to which they had reported earlier for provisional admission.
- After the third round of allotment on June 25, 2013, ALL candidates who have taken provisional admission in round 1, 2 or allotted admission in round 3 of allotment, will have to report either to Allotted Institute or Reporting Center as follows:
- Candidates who participated in first and second round as Option II OR Option III candidates will have to go personally to their Allotted Institute for admission (July 2 to 6).
- Candidates who participated in first and second round as Option I candidates and are now satisfied with the seat allotted to them, will go personally to their Allotted Institute for admission (July 2 to 6).
- Candidates who participated in first and second round as Option I candidates and are NOT satisfied with the seat allotted to them but wish to continue to be considered for admission in further rounds, should report again to their respective Reporting Centers for surrendering their seats and getting their choices unlocked (July 2 to 6).
- Candidates who are allotted seats for the first time in the third round and satisfied with allotment choosing Option II and Option III will have to go personally to their Allotted Institutes for admission (July 2 to 6). Those who are not satisfied with allotment should report to any of the Reporting Center only for surrendering their seats and getting choices unlocked (July 2 to 6).
- All candidates who surrender their seat forfeit all claims on the seat allotted to them. After the surrender process is over, their original choices would be unlocked; these candidates may now modify their choices during July 8 to 10, 2013 from any place. Tentative vacant seats will be displayed on the CCMT website from July 8, 2013. Withdrawals would not be allowed during this period.
- Candidates with Option II reporting for admission to the Allotted Institute from July 2 to 6, 2013, will be considered for their higher choices within the institute allotted to them.
- The candidates who have allotted seat and reported in round 1 or 2 or who have received fresh allotment in round 3 but do not report to the Allotted Institute or surrender their seat, will forfeit their claim on the allotted seats and will not be considered for seat allotment in subsequent rounds. However they may be considered for the spot admission round by respective NITs.
- Choices of all registered candidates who do not get a seat allotment in round 1, 2 or 3 will be automatically unlocked on July 8, 2013. These candidates can also modify their choices during July 8 to 10, 2013. They are not required to approach any Reporting Center for getting their choices unlocked.
- Classes will begin on any day during July 16 to 20, 2013 (May vary for some Institutes) in all the Participating Institutes.
5 Fourth Round & Spot admission
- A fourth round of seat allotment that takes into account the modified choices of all eligible candidates will be done on July 13, 2013.
- All candidates who are allotted a seat in the fourth round should report directly to the Allotted Institutes during July 16-20, 2011. Candidates who do not report to the Allotted Institute will forfeit their claim on the allotted seat.
- Spot round will be managed by individual institutes.
Candidates who have already been admitted to an Institute are not eligible for Spot Round. However, if they wish to participate in the Spot Round they have to with draw the admission during July 16-20, 2013 and participate in spot Round. All Interested candidates should register for Spot Round as per the instructions given by respective institute.
Admissions Process Overview
Cancellation and Refund
Admission Process Flow Chart
Rules For Seat Allotment
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Priority List (2012)