Last Updated: 7th January, 2015
BARC Recruitment of Engineering Graduate and Science Post Graduates as Scientific Officer 2015
BARC Training Schools provide two Training Schemes to deserving candidates ambitious of pursuing a rewarding career in Nuclear Science, Engineering and Technology and who would relish challenges in frontier areas of Science & Technology, who would like to be part of an expanding program of nuclear power / research Reactors, Accelerators and Nuclear Fuel Cycle Technologies, and who would enjoy pursuing innovative research in frontier areas of Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Bioscience, Geology and Geophysics.
OCES : Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates (OCES)
(DGFS) : DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates (DGFS).
First we will discuss about OCES
One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the academic year 2015-2016 (OCES-2015) will be conducted at the five BARC Training Schools situated at Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore and Hyderabad.
Appointment in DAE units shall be as a ‘Group A’ Gazetted Officer of the Government of India except in BHAVINI, NPCIL and UCIL which are governed by the service rules of Corporations.
Now we will discuss about DGFS
Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates for the session beginning in July/August 2015 (DGFS-2015). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates who are selected for the OCES program of the BARC Training Schools and who also have secured admission for M. Tech./ M. Chem. Engg. in select Institutes and specializations, as listed in Table-3, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue a M. Tech./ M. Chem. Engg. degree while retaining their employment in DAE. After successful completion of one-year course work at the Institute, Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an Institute guide.
On successful completion of M. Tech./ M. Chem. Engg. they are posted as Scientific Officers in DAE. Appointment in DAE units shall be as a ‘Group A’ Gazetted Officer of the Government of India.
Stipend and Allowances during Training: OCES TSOs as well as DGFS Fellows are paid a stipend of Rs. 20,000 per month during the period of their Training and a one-time book allowance of Rs. 10,000.
Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2015
a. For Engineering Disciplines (codes ME, CH, MT, EE, EC, CS, IN, CE):
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. / A.M.I.E. / A.M.I.E.T.E. / A.M.I.I.Ch.E. / A.M.I.I.M. with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in one of the engineering disciplines mentioned in Table-1.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score must have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline.
- Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechatronics, etc. ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
B. Admission to DGFS:
- Candidates having a qualifying degree in the Engineering disciplines (ME, CH, MT, EE, EC, CS, IN & CE) and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they secure admission for M.Tech./ M.Chem.Engg. starting in the academic year 2015 in select Institutes and in specializations listed in Table-3.
- Confirmation of M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. admission should be communicated by July 3, 2015.
- Securing admission in one of the valid M. Tech. specializations at one of the DGFS Institutes along with Selection for OCES, does not guarantee the award of a DGFS Fellowship as DGFS is offered as per the needs of DAE’s programs and only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
C.Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2015)
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC-29 years,
- SC/ST–31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years,
- Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.
D. Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- A non-refundable Application Fee of Rs. 250 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories.
- Women candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
- All candidates who have paid Application Fee at a branch of State Bank of India must produce original challan at the time of Selection Interview.
Grade And Pay Scale:
Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer ‘C’ (SO/C) in the pay band – III Rs.15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs.5,400.
|Launching of Online Application Portal for OCES/DGFS-2015||6th January, 2015|
|Last date for Online Application||
6th February, 2015
|Online Test*||12th – 20th March, 2015|
|Last date for candidates to upload their GATE score||30th March, 2015|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal||2nd week of April, 2015|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||2nd week of April, 2015|
|Selection Interviews||18th May – 18th June, 2015|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2015 on Online Portal||24th June, 2015|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2015 Candidates to upload their preferences vis-a-vis different Training Schemes||28th June, 2015|
|Display of Training Schemes Allotted to selected OCES-2015 Candidates on Online Application Portal||30th June, 2015|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2015 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech/ M.Chem.Engg. admission in a DGFS institute||3rd July, 2015|
|Declaration of List of Persons Selected for DGFS- 2015 on Online Application Portal||2nd week of July, 2015|