Last Updated: 31st August, 2014
Gate 2015 Registration : All you Want to Know PART 3
1. Eligibility Documents
Eligibility criteria and necessary supporting documents can be found from the Eligibility for GATE.
2. SC/ST/PwD Certificate
- Applicants who claim to be in any of the category SC/ST/PwD have to submit valid document issued by competent authority, to qualify for the reduced fee.
- Applicants who require a scribe to assist writing the exam, also need to provide a valid PwD certificate.
Authorities Empowered to Issue Certificates (SC/ST)
- District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluk Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the Candidate and/or her/his family normally resides
- Administrator/ Secretary to Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands)
Certificate issued by any other official will not be accepted.
In order to avail concession under the PwD category, the candidates should attach a recently obtained proper PwD certificate, which is to be submitted to the admitting institution at the time of admission. The onus of verifying PwD certificate lies with the admitting institute. The GATE committee will not be responsible for any incorrect declaration of the PwD status of candidates.
3. Certificate from Principal
Candidates who mention that they are yet to complete their course, will receive a “Certificate from Principal” section printed on the bottom part of the PDF file. Before you submit the application to the zonal GATE Office, it is MANDATORY to obtain the signature and seal of the college Principal/HOD on this.