Last Updated: 31st August, 2014
Gate 2015 Registration : All you Want to Know PART1
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
1. About GOAPS
GOAPS os an online interface provided for applicant’s interaction with the GATE office. With this interface an applicant can
- Do Enrollment.
- Fill the online application form
- Upload photograph and signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from principle, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking
- Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Contact the Zonal GATE office in case of any queries/problems.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface is through your GOAPS Enrolment ID and a GOAPS password. the Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
2. Filling in Application Online
- GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) can be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2015 Organizing Institute.
- Registration: You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. Choose the email id that you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE Offices will be sent to this address (DO NOT USE ANYBODY ELSE’S e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- GOAPS Password: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the Enrolment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should NOT be your name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself. Length of the password should be 8 -15 characters.
- GOAPS Enrolment ID: Upon registration, an email and SMS containing your GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to you. You need to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE 2015 related communications/website operations.
- Data Requirement for Application Filling: Before you login to GOAPS using Enrolment ID and Password, keep the following information ready:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college)
- GATE paper, choice of GATE Examination Cities
- High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Photograph Requirements
- Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Signature Specifications.
- Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format only
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate in pdf format only (if applicable)
- Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
- Your Netbanking login and password to make the application fee payment via online net banking mode. In case you are making the payment through debit card/credit card have the following information like debit card/credit card number, password, CVV number ready with you.
- Application Filling: Fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage if you require. Upload the required soft copy of photo and signature and Certificate from Principal (duly signed and stamped by the Principal) . Check the correctness of the photo and signature that are uploaded. If you are not satisfied, you may upload them again.
- You will have to select the payment options (details given below) while filling the online form.
- The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. You may address the error messages that may appear on saving the filled in data.
- Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “ Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
- Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
- Problems in Login into GOAPS –This step may be used, if the candidate forgets the password or the Enrolment ID or did not receive the Enrolment ID. Visit the “Problems in Login into GOAPS” link on the GOAPS website.
- In case of forgotten Enrolment ID or non-receipt of Enrolment ID via email, candidate must provide Mobile Number and the GOAPS Password. The Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate via SMS.
- In case of forgotten password, candidate must provide Mobile Number and Enrolment ID, which will be verified and a new GOAPS password will be sent to the candidate via SMS/email.
- In case of forgotten both Enrolment ID and as well as password or payment has not been made, the candidate must re-enroll. If the payment has been made,then the candidate must contact the Zonal GATE Office.
3. Photograph Requirements
Please pay attention to upload good quality photograph. Poor quality of photographs submitted will lead to rejection of your GATE application, without any refund of the application fees. The GATE Score card will be printed with the photograph you submit.
- The photograph must be in color and must be taken in a professional studio. Photograph taken using a Mobile phone and other self-composed portraits are NOT acceptable.
- Photograph must be taken in a White or a very light background.
- The photograph must have been taken after 1st July 2014.
- In the photograph, the height of the face (between chin and the top of the forehead) should occupy about 50% of the height of the photograph.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. The photograph must show full frontal view with both ears being visible and eyes open.
- If you normally wear spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses for the photo shoot.
- You must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
- Ask your photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm print (350 x 450 pixels).
- Have pixel width in the range 250 to 500 and ensure that the width to height aspect ratio is in the range 0.66 to 0.86.
- File size should be between 5KB and 100KB.
- For your own benefit it may be prudent not to intentionally change your facial features or hair style as in the photograph until the day of the exam.