Last Updated: 20th March, 2015
IIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Admission 2015
|Name of the Programme||Previous Degree||Essential/ Desirable Requisite||Intake|
|Applied Geosciences||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in M. Sc. or equivalent degree in Geology / Applied Geology / Geological Sciences / Geophysics / Exploration Geophysics along with a valid GATE score.||Mathematics or Physics at B. Sc. Level essential||18|
|Climate Science & Technology||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in M. Sc. or equivalent degree in Atmospheric Science/Marine Science/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics along with a valid GATE score.||Mathematics or Physics at B.Sc. Level essential||18|
|60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering / Applied Mechanics / Aeronautical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent along with a valid GATE score.|
|Structural Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering along with a valid GATE score.||12|
|Transportation Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering / Infrastructure Engineering, Bachelors in Architecture or Planning along with a valid GATE score.||10|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B.Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Electrical, Electronics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or equivalent along with a valid GATE score.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||18|
|Power System Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B.Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Electrical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score in Electrical Engineering).||Electrical Engineering||18|
|Materials Science and Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B.Tech. / B.E. or equivalent degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Ceramic, Chemical, Mechanical, Production Engineering and allied specializations with valid GATE score or 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in M.Sc. in Materials Science along with a valid GATE score.||Mathematics at B.Sc. level is desirable in case of M. Sc.||18|
|Mechanical Systems Design||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. / B. E. or Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score)||Mechanical Engineering||18|
|Thermal Science and Engineering||60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale in B. Tech. /B. E. or Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (with a valid GATE score)||Mechanical Engineering||18|
N.B. 5% relaxation of marks in the qualifying degree examination would be granted to the SC/ST/PwD candidates. This is applicable to both regular and sponsored candidates.
Reservations for Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Other Backward Class – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) / Persons with Disability (PwD) category shall apply as per Government of India rules. The certificate for the same must be submitted in the format specified. OBC candidates may note that the limit of annual income is Rs. 6 lakhs for determining the creamy layer among Other Backward Classes (OBCs) candidates. The OBC-NCL certificate issued after 01.04.2013 (financial year 2013-14) by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format must be uploaded in the ONLINE application form and submitted at the time of admission.
|Caution Money (Refundable)||12,000/-||12,000/-|
|One Time Fee||5,900/-||5,400/-|
|Grand Total for GE/OBC Category||48,400/-||67,900/-|
|Grand Total for SC/ST Category||43,400/-||67,900/-|
|*100% Tuition fee waiver for SC/ST students except Sponsored Category |
*100% Training & Placement fee waiver for QIP students only.
Shortlisting and Selection Criteria
- The shortlisting of regular candidates for admission into M.Tech. programmes will be based on GATE score only. The fixing of cut-off score for candidates in different categories shall be as per the norms of the Institute.
- Selection of regular candidates is based on 70% weightage for the GATE score and 30% weightage for the performance in the Written Test and Interview.
- The final selection of regular candidates will be solely based on the combined scores of the candidates with 70% weightage to the GATE score and 30% weightage to the written test and interview marks. The Written Test and Interview shall be given equal weightage of 15% each. A candidate in the unreserved category will be eligible for interview subject to scoring a minimum of 40% of the maximum marks in the written test. A candidate in the unreserved category will be eligible for final selection subject to scoring a minimum of 50% of the maximum marks in the interview. The fixing of cut-off marks in the written test and interview for reserved categories shall be governed as per the norms of the Institute. Assignment and calculation of the cut-off marks on the combined score for final section of the candidates in different categories shall be as per the norms of the Institute.
Students who are admitted to M.Tech. Programme (except Sponsored) will receive an assistantship as per the applicable rate for a maximum period of 24 months subject to the provisions under regulation. The monthly value of the assistantship shall be as approved by the Board of Governors from time to time with the prior sanction of the Government of India.
The Institute will also provide partial financial assistance to each M. Tech student during their entire M. Tech. Program for Paper Presentation at International / National Conferences / Seminars / Symposium as first authors / visits related to Workshops / Short Term Course / Data Collection / Field Work etc.(within Odisha).
Application fee (Non-refundable)
|For General and OBC candidates||Rs. 300/- (Rupees Three hundred only)|
|For SC/ST/PwD candidates||Rs. 150/- (Rupees One hundred fifty only)|
- Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Application fee is to be paid by online mode through Net banking / Debit Card / Credit Card. Fee can also be deposited directly in any branch of ICICI Bank through Challan. Challan form can be downloaded from the Institute website.
- Payment gateway will be activated only after 24 Hours of submission of online application (i.e, from Step-1 to Step-3). In case the date happens to be a Bank holiday(s), fee can be paid on the next working date only.
- After successful payment, a Payment Reference Number/Transaction No. will be generated. Candidates are requested to provide their Payment Reference Number/Transaction No. at the time of final submission of online application. After final submission of online application, candidates are advised to take a print out of the submitted application form for future reference.
- Application without valid payment Reference Number/Transaction No. will automatically be discarded.
- Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The candidates are required to apply through ONLINE process only accessing the website http://www.iitbbs.ac.in/mtech-application/
Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before starting the process of online application.
- Candidates applying for more than one discipline have to submit separate online application(s) for each discipline along with requisite application fee as applicable. No Need to send the hard-copy of the application form. However, candidates are advised to keep a hardcopy (print out) of the submitted application form for future reference.
- Candidates, whose qualifying examination results and certificates are not available, are required to provide Provisional Certificate to that effect from the concerned Institution.
- Candidates who are presently employed are required to upload the following certificate(s) as part of the online application processes, failing which their application will not be entertained.
- Relief certificate from the present employer.
- No Objection Certificate (In case of Sponsored Candidate).
- The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for Written Test and / or Interview.
- No TA/DA and accommodation shall be provided to the candidates for attending the written test and / or interview.
- Incomplete application / application without relevant supporting documents and requisite application fee (as applicable) shall be out rightly rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of shortlisting / selection / interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw the admission at any stage in case a candidate does not possess the requisite qualification and / or percentage of marks in qualifying degree or supplies any false information.
- In case of any mistake occurs inadvertently in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage of admission, the Institute reserves the right to withdraw / cancel / modify any communication made to the candidates.
- Please note that all information related to admission will be available in the Institute website www.iitbbs.ac.in and all communication will be made through email & SMS only.
|Opening date for online Application||:||9th March 2015|
|Last date for submission of online Application||:||1st April 2015 12:00 Midnight|