Last Updated: 21st March, 2016
IIT Delhi M.Tech. / M.S.(R) / M.Des Admission 2016
Admission to M.Tech./M.S.(R)/M.Des. programmes are carried out by first short-listing the eligible candidates (meeting the minimum performance in their qualifying degree and scoring above a GATE / CEED cut off specified for that programme and then conducting written test / interview at IIT Delhi. GATE / CEED cut offs for various Programmes last year (IIT Delhi M.Tech cutoff admission year 2015). In such cases, GATE score is given a minimum weight of 70% in judging the overall performance of the candidates appearing for interview.
Minimum Qualification for Admission to full-time M.Tech./M.S.(R)/M.Des. Programmes
|Programme & Admission type||Qualifying Degree||Minimum performance in the qualifying degree for General/ |
OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category students
|National level examination requirements|
|M.Tech./ M.S.(R) |
(Direct Admission without test/interview)
|B.E./B.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent||75% marks or 8.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale||GATE score > = 300 or qualifying score whichever is higher|
|M.Tech./ M.S.(R) (Admission with test/interview)||B.E./B.Tech./ M.Sc. or equivalent||60% marks or 6.75 CGPA on a 10- point scale||GATE score > = 300 or qualifying score whichever is higher|
|M. Des. (Direct Admission without test/interview)||B.E./B.Tech./ B. Arch. or equivalent||75% marks or 8.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale||CEED Percentile >=75|
|M. Des. (Admission with test/interview)||B.E./B.Tech./B. Arch. or equivalent||60% marks or 6.75 CGPA on a 10- point scale||CEED Percentile >=75|
Guidelines for Filling-Up the M.Tech Application Form
- Go to the link given below the login area.
- Fill your email-id as the username. Enter a password (at least 6 characters).
- You can change your password or retrieve a lost password by following the links provided.
FILLING A FORM
- Before starting to fill up the form, read the PG information brochure downloadable from the site.
- Fill the form fields like your name, father’s name and mother’s name without any special characters (except“.”).
- The site does not offer automatic saving of the document. The data on a page gets saved once you click on the “Next” button provided in the page.
- After the successful submission of the form an application number will be allotted to the form. Note down your application number for online payment of application fees. Candidates belonging to General/OBC category are required to pay for each application form a fee of Rs. 200/- and the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are required to pay Rs. 50/-. The bank charges will be borne by the candidate. For payment of application fees the candidate will use “State Bank Collect” utility of State Bank of India. (https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/institutiontypedisplay.htm)
Now, you will be presented a brief Application form to pay online.
Once IIT receives the amount from SBI, the status of the form will be changed to “Received”. This may take a weeks time after online payment.
A print button is provided to save a pdf copy of the form.
In case you forget to download the pdf copy of the form, you can login again with you login credentials and take a printout of the same form.
|Submission of online application commences on||March 09, 2016 (12.00 Noon)|
|Last date for submission of online application and application fee||March 31, 2016 (04.00 P.M.)|
|Range of dates for Test / Interview||May 12 , 2016 – June 09, 2016|
|Date of Orientation for new Students||July 22, 2016|
|Date of Registration for new Students||July 23, 2016|
|Commencement of es||July 25, 2016|