Last Updated: 19th January, 2015
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2015
IIT Gandhinagar invites applications to M.Tech. programmes in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Materials Science & Engineering for the year 2014-2015. The M.Tech. curriculum at IIT Gandhinagar has been designed to be highly creative with a focus on interdisciplinary skills and high quality thesis work. IIT Gandhinagar also offers the option of a post-graduate diploma in engineering (PGDIIT), which is a one year programme designed to be an intensive course-work based programme with no thesis requirements.
- Chemical Engineering (Research Areas: Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control)
- Civil Engineering (Research Areas: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (Research Areas: Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials)
- Mechanical Engineering (Research Areas: Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics)
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- B.Tech. graduates from the IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on scale of 10) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
|Materials Science and Engineering||
“Category wise reservations on overall available seats will be followed as per Government of India norms.”
Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and/or GATE score. The Institute reserves the right to use its own judgment while determining the candidate’s level of competency based on the available information. The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, GATE score, written test and interview. The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic record and/or GATE, without calling them for written test and interview.
The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), engineering mathematics, and basic courses in various disciplines up to 3rd year of undergraduate programme. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
The candidates called for the Test and Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding Rs.750/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of Rs.1400/- the candidate will be reimbursed Rs.650/-. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
|Opening of application portal||–||13 March 2015|
|Application form submission deadline||–||03 April 2015|
|Web announcement of short-listed candidates for written test and/or interview||–||13 April 2015|
|Written test and/or interview||–||08 to 11 May 2015|
|Web announcement of list of selected candidates||–||20 May 2015|
|Discipline||Tentative Date of the Interview|
|Chemical Engineering||10 & 11 May 2015|
|Civil Engineering||10 & 11 May 2015|
|Electrical Engineering||09 & 10 May 2015|
|Mechanical Engineering||08 & 09 May 2015|
|Materials Science & Engineering||09 May 2015|
All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each disciplineA soft copy of the submitted application will be sent to your email ID in 2-3 working days. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form with photograph and all the documentary evidence in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- There is NO application fee.
- You NEED NOT send the hard-copyof the application form
Application portal will be open after the announcement of GATE 2015 results.