Last Updated: 25th September, 2017
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2018
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2018 invites applications to M.Tech. programmes in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth System Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering for the year 2018-2019. The M.Tech. curriculum at IIT Gandhinagar has been designed to be highly creative with a focus on interdisciplinary skills and high quality thesis work. IIT Gandhinagar also offers the option of a post-graduate diploma in engineering (PGDIIT), which is a one year programme designed to be an intensive course-work based programme with no thesis requirements.
Disciplines : IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2018
- Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Earth System Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility : IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2018
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- B.Tech. graduates from the IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on scale of 10) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
Eligible candidates admitted to full-time M.Tech. programme will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs.12,400/-. The students in PGDIIT/ M.Tech. on Part time basis will not receive any stipend/scholarship.
Institute encourages M.Tech. students to present their research work at national and international conferences, and provides travel scholarships of upto Rs. 60000/- to such students.
Tentative Intake : IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2018
|Computer Science and Engineering||40|
|Earth System Science||40|
|Materials Science and Engineering||40|
“Category wise reservations on overall available seats will be followed as per Government of India norms.”
Admission Procedure : IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2018
Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and/or GATE score. The Institute reserves the right to use its own judgment while determining the candidate’s level of competency based on the available information. The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, GATE score, written test and interview. The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic record and/or GATE, without calling them for written test and interview.
The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), engineering mathematics, and basic courses in various disciplines up to 3rd year of undergraduate programme. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
The candidates called for the Test and Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding Rs.750/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of Rs.1400/- the candidate will be reimbursed Rs.650/-. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
Application Fees is None /Free
Important Dates : IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2018
|Opening of application portal||27 March 2018|
|Application form submission deadline||16 April 2018|
|Web announcement of short-listed candidates for written test and/or interview||26 April 2018|
|Written test and/or interview||12 to 17 May 2018|
|Web announcement of list of selected candidates||07 Jun 2018|
Application Procedure : IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2018
All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline. After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and self attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
The application portal will open on 27 March 2018 for admissions to the M.Tech. programmes for the semester beginning in July 2018.