Last Updated: 13th May, 2013
IIT Roorkee List of Eligible candidates for Mtech 2013 is out !!!
List of Eligible candidates calling the candidates for Interview/Written test/Counselling for admission to PG Programmes 2013
Cut off decided for calling the candidates for Interview/Written test/Counselling for admission to PG Programmes 2013
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR COUNSELLING( Just for Idea )
(According to 2012 counselling)
1. Counselling will be done as per the schedule placed on Institute Website and Notice Board of the Management Department also.
2. Students called for counselling will report first on the Checking Counter for checking of documents. In case he/she does not prove his/her category, he/she will be treated as General category candidate.
3. It is responsibility of the candidates to prove minimum educational qualifications and eligibility requirement given in the Information Brochure-2012, failing which offer of admission will be automatically cancelled. Even after admission, at a later stage if it is found that candidate does not satisfying minimum educational qualification etc., his/her admission will be cancelled and name will struck off from the Institute rolls.
4. A candidate appearing in any part of the qualifying examination including supplementary examination/backpaper etc. after the date of registration i.e. July 22, 2012 shall not be considered for admission in the year 2012-13 and if such a candidate is registered provisionally and found any discrepancy his/her admission shall be terminated.
5. Those Candidates whose final results for the qualifying degree are awaited have to submit the results by 30-09-2012.
6. In case candidate does not come on his/her call, he/she will be considered in end of the counselling of the department, if the vacancy is available. In case vacancy is not available they will be treated as waitlisted, if he/she wished so.
7. The candidate accepted one department and given option for more than one department and deposited requisite fee, the same amount will also be considered for remaining departments.
8. Candidates are requested to write his/her name, registration no. and department in the back side of the demand draft before depositing.
9. In case the candidate does not accept offer he/she will be asked to fill up a ‘Decline Form’ (in Pink Colour). If once declined, he/she will not be considered for any other department and any choice.
10. The candidates are required to fill up the ‘Acceptance Form’ (in Light Blue Colour) carefully. There is an option whether they would like to freeze the seat allotted and do not want further up-gradation.
IN CASE NOTHING IS FILLED, IN THAT CASE IT WILL BE ASSUMED FOR UPGRADATION.
11. The candidate given higher choice, will not be considered for lower choice even seat so available.
12. The candidate who accept the offer but does not deposit the fee, the seat offered will be treated as vacant and will be given to the waitlisted candidate next in merit.
13. The candidate, who deposited fee to be a waitlisted candidate, will be allotted seat subject to availability of seat till Registration and or close of Admission. Upgraded list will be displayed on Institute website before the registration i.e. July 22, 2012.
14. In absence of sufficient response in a programme, the candidate offered admission may be shifted to other programme in that department subject to fulfilling eligibility requirement, qualification, choices given and as per merit.
15. Candidates who have waitlisted themselves by depositing fees but not offered admission to any branch of their choice are informed that the final round of Counselling-cum- Registration for admission to M.Tech./M.Arch./MURP will be done on 30 July, 2012 from 9.30 A.M. onwards at Department of Management Studies at IIT Roorkee. Candidates who are interested in taking admission are required to be present by 9.00 A.M. Admission will be offered to the candidates present at that time of counseling cum registration as per their merit. Further informed that number of seats likely to be vacant in different programmes after registration on July 22, 2012 will be put on the website. All waitlisted candidates to take chance may come on the date and time given above.