Last Updated: 9th February, 2015
IIT Roorkee Ph.D. Admission for Autumn Semester 2015-16
HOW TO APPLY
The candate is required to register and fill the application online from February 10, 2015 to March 02, 2015 by accessing http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in. After finalizing the application, download the online filled application and Bank Challan (in triplicate) simultaneously. The requisite fee of Rs. 200/- for GEN/OBC and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candates must be deposited for each department in any branch of State Bank of India throughout the country through bank challan on next working day of finalization of online application and or before the last date i.e. March 04, 2015. Bank will retain a copy and will return two copies to you. Out of two copies, retain the Candate’s copy with you and attach the IITR’s copy with the print out of downloaded application form and send it to PG admission office.
1. The fee shall not be accepted through any other mode.
2. Separate application be sent for each department/centre and for each department/centre separate fee shall be required. However, total fee be deposited together using single challan. An original copy of challan be used with the application form for one department and Xerox copy of the challan form can be attached for other departments (if applicable).
Masters degree in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded, for the General (UR) category and qualified national level graduate entrance test: GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET or equivalent. The condition for national level graduate admission test is not applicable to sponsored full time and part time research candates.
Department and There Selection criteria:
|Arch. & Plang.||Only Interview|
|Biotechnology||Written Test –shortlist- interview|
|Chemical Engg.||Only Interview|
|Chemistry||Written Test –shortlist- interview|
|Civil Engg.||Only Interview|
|Earthquake Engg||Only Interview|
|Earth Sciences||Only Interview|
|Electrical Engg.||Written Test –shortlist- interview|
|E & C E||Only Interview|
|Computer Science & Engg||Only Interview|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||Only Interview|
|Mech.& Ind. Engg.||Written Test –shortlist- interview|
|Met. & Mat. Engg.||Only Interview|
|Paper Technology||Only Interview|
|Applied Science & Engg||Only Interview|
|Polymer and Process Engg||Only Interview|
|Institute Instrumentation Centre||Only Interview|
|Management Studies||Only Interview|
|Mathematics||Written Test –shortlist- interview|
|Disaster Mitigation||Only Interview|
|Transportation Systems||Only Interview|
Minimum Qualification for admission to Ph.D. Programme in Different Disciplines
- Alternate Hydro Energy Centre
- B.Tech./ M.Tech. or equivalent in Civil/ Electrical / Mechanical/ Industrial/ Chemical/ Environmental/ Agricultural/ Computer/ Electronics Engineering
- M.Sc. in disciplines consistent with research areas of the centre.
- Architecture & Planning
- Master’s degree in Architecture in any of the specializations offered by recognized Institutions of Architecture/Master’s degree in Building Science/Technology with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Master’s degree in Planning in any of the specializations offered by the recognized Institutions of Planning with a Bachelor’s degree in either Architecture or Planning (B.Planning) or Civil Engineering.
- Department of Biotechnology
- Master’s degree in any disciplines of Science
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in medical sciences, engineering, pharmacy, veterinary and related disciplines.
- Department of Civil Engineering
- B.Tech/M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering. Candate having an M.Tech. Degree but not having a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering must have studied Mathematics at the Bachelor’s level.
- B.Tech./M.Tech. degree in any branch of Engineering may be consered for research areas consistent with the academic background and experience.
- M.Sc. Degree in any branch of Science or MCA (with mathematics at the Bachelor’s level for both M.Sc. and MCA) may also be consered for research areas in Geomatics Engineering.
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering.
- B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering/ Chemical Technology and interdisciplinary areas.
- M.Sc. in disciplines consistent with the research areas of the department.
- Department of Chemistry
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Chemistry/ Physics.
- M.Sc. in Bio-technology or M.Sc. in Biochemistry
- Department of Computer Science and Engg
- M.E./M.Tech. in Information Technology/ Computer Science & Engg./ Software Engg. or equivalent.
- B.E./ B.Tech. in Computer Sc. & Engg./ Information Technology or equivalent.
- Candate should mention the broad research areas (Communication Systems, Computer Science and Engineering, System Modelling and Control, RF & Microwave Engineering, Microelectronics and VLSI Design) for which he/she wants to apply on his/her application form.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- ME. / M.Tech. in Microelectronics/ VLSI / Microwaves / Communication Systems/ Control Systems/Instrumentation/Circuits & Systems or equivalent
- B.E./ B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication/ Electrical Engg. Or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Physics/Instrumentation/Electronics.
- Earthquake Engineering
- B.Tech. / M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering/ Earthquake Engineering / any branch of Engineering .
- M.Sc./ M.Tech. in Geophysics/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Geology for research areas in Engineering Seismology and Seismotectonics.
- Department of Earth Sciences
- M.Sc / M.Sc.Tech / M.Tech. degree in Geology / Geophysics / Applied Geology / Applied Geophysics / Geological Technology / Geophysical Technology / Geosciences / Applied Geosciences / Petroleum Geology / Petroleum Geophysics.
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering.
- B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in a branch of Engineering consistent with the research areas as mentioned by the Department from time to time.
- M.Sc. in a discipline consistent with the research areas as mentioned by the Department from time to time.
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- M.A. or equivalent degree.
- Master’s degree in Science/Graduate Degree in Engineering/ Technology with 60% marks (or equivalent grade) may be consered for research areas consistent with the academic background and special interests.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engg./ Water Resources Development/Hydrology.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Engg./ Environmental Engg./Instrumentation/water use management
- M.Sc./M.Tech. in Geology/Geophysics/Soil Science/Forestry or natural Resources/ Chemistry/ Meteorology/ Atmospheric Physics/ Mathematics/Nuclear Physics & Environmental Sciences
- M.Sc. Hydrology with Mathematics at Bachelor’s level
- Department of Management Studies
- B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent, M.E./ M.Tech or equivalent qualifications.
- Master of Management/M.B.A. or equivalent.
- Department of Mathematics
- M.A./M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science / Mathematics / Ind.Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engg.
- B.Tech./ M.Tech. degree or equivalent degree in Mechanical/ Industrial/ Production Engg.
- B.Tech./ M.Tech. degree in Aerospace/ Chemical/ Civil/ Electrical/ Metallurgical Engg. may be consered for research areasconsistent with the academic background and special interests.
- Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent relate to the following disciplines:
- Metallurgical Engg, Materials Engg, Nanotechnology, Engg Physics, Engg Chemistry, Ceramics, Polymers, Corrosion, Mechanical, Production & Industrial Engg., Chemical Engineering and Electrochemical Engg. Or
- M.Sc. degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science.
- Candates with a M.Sc. degree, Mathematics as a subject at B.Sc. degree level is an essential requirement.
Note: Candates having a degree I Industrial Engineering only, shall not be eligible for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy programme in the Department of Metallurgical and Material Engg.
- Department of Physics
- M.Sc. in Physics/ Applied Physics
- M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Biophysics/ Geophysics/ Computer Science, proved Physics was a subject at B.Sc. level.
- B.Tech. or equivalent in Electrical/ Electronics/ Chemical/ Metallurgical/ Engineering Physics. Candates at Category (ii) and (iii) may be consered for research area consistent with the academic background and special interests.
- Saharanpur Campus
- Applied Science & Engineering
- M.Sc. in Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Material Science, Nanomaterials, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology or its Equivalent Degree (with Mathematics as one subject at Bachelor’s level).
- MA, M.Com., MBA, or its equivalent degree
- B.E./B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech. in Mechanical Engg., Material Science or its equivalent degree, Metallurgical Engg., Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Sol State Technology, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science or its equivalent degree
- Paper Technology
- B.E./B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech. in Pulp & Paper Engg., Chemical Engg., Mechanical Engg.,Environmental Engg., Electrical Engg., Electronics, Communication Engg., Computer Science & Engg., Instrumentation Engg., and VLSI Engg., IT, Biotechnology, Material Science or its equivalent degree.
- M.Sc. in Chemistry, Environmental Science, Biotechnology, Botany or its equivalent Degree (with Mathematics as one subject at Bachelors level)
- Polymer and Process Engg
- B.E./B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech. in Polymer, Chemical, Process Engg., Environmental Engg., Biotechnology, Nanotechnology,Computer Science or its equivalent degree
- M.Sc. in Chemistry, Medical Science or equivalent, Biotechnology, Physics, Mathematics, Microbiology or its equivalent Degree (with Mathematics as one subject at Bachelors level)
- Applied Science & Engineering
- Water Resources Development & Management
- Water Resources DevelopmentB.E./ B.Tech. /M.E./ M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical & Agricultural Engineering.
- Irrigation Water Management
Master’s Degree in Agricultural Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Chemical Engineering/ Biological Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Engineering/ Natural Sciences with at least one paper of Mathematics at the graduate level.
|Apply online (Website Open)||February 10, 2015|
|Last Date for Applying Online (Website Closure)||March 02, 2015 at 5:30 P.M.|
|Last date for deposit of application fee||March 04, 2015|
|Receiving of downloaded Application Form at PG Admission Office, IIT Roorkee||March 09, 2015|
Admission will be offered subject to availability of seats, faculty in the Specialization and the Institute Assistantship.