Last Updated: 28th December, 2014
MCEL Recruiting Engineers Through GATE – 2015
For Executive Trainee – (Geology, Mechanical Engineering, IT and Chemistry)
Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL) a profit making Public Sector Enterprise (A Miniratna Company) under the Ministry of Mines, Government of India, invites On-line Applications from promising , energetic and young persons with brilliant academic record to join the Organization as Executive Trainees in the following disciplines :-
|S. No||Disciplines||No. of Vacancies|
|01||Geology||07 [UR-04 , OBC (NCL)-02 , SC-01]|
|02||IT||04 [UR-01 , OBC(NCL)-01 , SC-01 , ST-0 1]|
|03||Chemistry||04 [UR-02 , OBC (NCL)-02]|
|04||Mechanical Engineering||12 [UR-06 , OBC (NCL)-03, SC-02 , ST-01]|
MCEL ESSENTIAL EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:-
|Geology||M.Sc./M. Tech./M.Sc. Tech. (Geology/Applied Geology)/
M. Tech. (Geological Technology) with 60% marks or equivalent.
|Information Technology||B.E. / B. Tech. in Computer Science OR MCA with 60% marks or equivalent.|
|Chemistry||M.Sc. (Chemistry) with 60% marks or equivalent .|
|Mechanical Engineering||B.E. /B. Tech .in Mechanical /Chemical Engineering / Petroleum Engineering /Petroleum Technology /Applied Petroleum Engineering / Applied Petroleum Technology I or any other relevant engineering stream with 60% marks or equivalent.|
Candidate appearing in final year of the prescribed essential qualifying educational qualification examination mentioned against each discipline may also apply. However, if they are shortlisted for personal interview, based on GATE-2015 scores and other criteria , they may be allowed to attend personal interview only if they possess the prescribed qualifying essential educational qualification with 60% marks on the date of their personal interview, failing which they will not be allowed to attend personal interview and no TA will be admissible to such candidates.
Minimum Age limit is 18 years and Upper age limit is 28 years as on 01.01.2015 . The upper age limit relaxation is, up to 5 years in respect of SC/ST and up to 3 years in respect of OBC (Non-creamy layer) c13tegory candidates.
The candidates who want to apply for above positions will have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE-2015) for GATE-2015 paper as per detailed given below :
|Disciplines as Advertised by MECL||Corresponding GATE- 2015 paper||Corresponding GATE-2015 paper code|
|Geology||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|IT||Computer Science and Information Technology||cs|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
Based on the GATE-2015 score and other requirements, candidates will be shortlisted for personal interview ordinarily at the ratio of 1:5 (i.e . five times the number of vacancies). Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying mark s in the personal interview .
During one year training period , the selected candidates will be placed as Executive Trainees at initial Basic Pay of Rs. 16,400/- per month in the Pay Scale of Rs 16,400 – 40 , 500/- (E-1) (l.D .A. scale of pay) with applicable D.A . (with revision from time to time ) plus HRA, Conveyance Allowance , Medical facilities , as per Company ‘s Rules.
In addition to pay & allowances mentioned above , the trainees posted at projects will be paid Field HRA and Field Duty Allowance (excluding Conveyance Allowance ) as per Company ‘s Rules.
The selected candidates shall undergo one year training . The trainee officers may be posted at any of the MECL Projects/Zonal Office/Corporate Office of the Company .
On successful completion of one year training , Executive Trainee shall be regularized as Geologist, Chemist , Programmer and Drilling Engineer , as the case may be, and they will be placed at a basic pay of Rs. 16,900/- in the scale of pay of Rs. 16,400 – 40 ,500/- (E-1) (l.D.A. scale of pay)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online through MECL’s website www.mecl.gov. in from 20.12.2014 to 10.01.2015indicating GATE- 2015 Registration Number in the application .
- Before registering their·applications on the MECL’s website the candidates Should possess the following :
- Valid e-mail ID and mobile number, which should remain valid for at least one year. The candidate should mention only his/her own or parents mobile no and E-mail ID while submitting the online application .
- Personal details , educational qualification and experience details .
- Details of Demand Draft of any Indian Nationalized Bank (SC/ST/PHP candidates are not ,required to pay application fee) . Payment of application fees by modes other than Demand Draft is not acceptable .
- If the online transaction is not successfully completed , candidates are requird to register again .
3. After registration and submission of online application:
- Take out print of on line application.
- Affix your recent passport size photograph in the space provided on the hard copy of the application. Sign across the photograph .
- Attach self-attested photocopies of all documents in support of date of birth, caste!Tribe( in case of SC/ST) , community and Non Creamy layer (in case of OBC(Non-Creamy Layer), essential educational qualification , experience (if any) etc. and Demand Draft of any Indian Nationalized Bank for Rs. 100/- (Rs. One hundred only) (Not required in case of SC/ST/PHP) .
- The Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited “payable at Nagpur .
- Candidate must write his/her name , application number and Gate Registration Number on the reverse side of the Demand Draft. ,..
- Name of the post applied for should be super scribed on the envelope to be used for sending hard copy of the on line application .
- Envelope containing the hard copy of th on line application after affixing photograph and enclosed the documents described above should be sent to the folowing address by speed post after submission of on line application. “Dy. General Manager-HR, Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited, High Land Drive Road, Seminary Hills, Nagpur- 440006 (Maharashtra)”
- The hard copy of the on line applicat[Pn together with its enclosures must reach the addressee by 20.01.2015 by speed post (i.e. last date for receipt of hard copy of the on line application along with its all enclosures.
- Hard copy of the applications together with its enclosures received after the prescribed date of receipt of application as indicated above at sl.no.(h) will be rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained