Last Updated: 19th July, 2014
NIT Goa M.Tech Spot Round Admission 2014-15
Admission to the vacant seats in M.Tech Programmes in various departments after the closure of the CCMT Counselling will be held on 28thJuly 2014. Candidates are advised to check both CCMT website (www.ccmt.in) and NIT Goa website (www.nitgoa.ac.in) on 20thJuly 2014 whether any seat is left vacant (in respective category- General/OBC/SC/ST/PWD) for filling up through spot round.
- All interested candidates desirous of participating in the spot round will register in the M.Tech admission cell in person on 28thJuly 2014 between 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. No advance application for admission against spot round will be entertained.
- Selection against spot round will be based on the VALID GATE SCORE.
- All Gate qualified candidates are eligible for the spot round irrespective of CCMT registration process.
- Candidates, who have already been admitted to an Institute through CCMT-2014, are not eligible for Spot Round. However, if they wish to participate in the Spot Round, they have to withdraw the admission prior to the Spot Round.
- All interested candidates should register for Spot Round along with Demand Draft (DD) for the requisite Institute Fee as per the Fee Structure and the schedule given below.
- Candidates must bring all original certificates/testimonials and one set of photo copies of all the testimonials and the certificates (along with two copies of photograph) at the time of registration for spot round.
NIT Goa M.Tech Spot Round Schedule
|1||Submission of Spot round registration form along with Payment of processing fee at Admission Cell NIT Goa||28thJuly, 2014.9.00 to 1:00 PM *|
|2||Document Verification||28thJuly, 2014.2.00 to 3:00 PM|
|3||Display of the list of Selected Candidates||28thJuly, 2014.3:00 PM|
* After 01:00 PM (28thJuly, 2014), no fresh application will be entertained.
The following M.Tech Programmes are offered by NIT Goa
|Name of the Department||Programme Name|
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electronic and Communication Engineering (ECE)||VLSI|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)||Power Electronics and Power System|
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to appear for the spot round in person on 28thJuly, 2014 between 9.a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Application forms sent through courier/post/online will not be accepted.
Kindly visit the Institute website regularly for any updates/corrigendum/ announcements in this regard.
- All Gate qualified candidates (irrespective of CCMT-2014 registration) can appear in the spot round.
- All rules and regulations of CCMT-2014 (please refer www.ccmt.in for details) including minimum eligibility criteria will be applicable for institute spot round admission.
- All candidates are advised to pay institute fee of Rs.49,325/- (General/OBC) and Rs. 46,325/- (SC/ST) in form of Bank DD in favour of “ Director NIT Goa” payable at Goa.
4. The following certificates/documents must be submitted at the time of admission at NIT GOA:
|S. No.||Details of the Document|
|1||Withdrawal letter / Cancellation letter issued by CCMT (Applicable only for candidates who are registered in CCMT-2014)|
|2||Application Form **|
|3||Gate score card (Original Gate score card is to be produced by the candidates during document verification, otherwise their candidature for admission will not be considered. NO WEB-COPY/PHOTO- COPY OF GATE SCORE CARD WILL BE ACCEPTED).|
|4||X (High School) mark sheet/certificate)|
|5||Mark sheet of XII/Diploma|
|6||Grades/ Mark Sheet of Qualifying Degree|
|7||Degree /Provisional Certificate ( if degree Completed)|
|8||Undertaking of late submission of qualifying examination Certificate (if degree is not completed)|
|9||Certificate of category (OBC/SC/ST), if applicable as per Government of India must be issued by the competent authority. In case of OBC category, the certificate must be issued on or after April 1, 2014.|
|10||Certificate for Persons With Disabilities (PWD), if applicable, issued by the competent authority|
|11||Two colored photographs.|
|12||Photo ID proof as per Govt. of India norms|
** Application form is given in Appendix – A.
All the figures in INR
|3.||Students Activity Council||975||–||925||–|
|4.||Group Insurance coverage of students||350*||–||350*||–|
|5.||Security Deposit (Refundable)||4,000||–||–||–|
|6.||Institute Development Contribution (IDC)(SC/ST-Rs.1,000/- per semester)||4,000||4,000||–||–|
* Subject to revision
Payment of Institute fee has to be paid through Demand Draft (DD) from any Nationalized Bank drawn in the favour of “DIRECTOR NIT GOA” Payable at Goa