Last Updated: 13th July, 2014
NIT Meghalaya Spot Round of Counselling for M.Tech Admission 2014
Interested candidates for admission to M.Tech programs listed below in NIT Meghalaya in the spot round of Counseling, against seats remaining vacant after the 4th round of CCMT admission may report in the Institute on 24th July, 2014 with filled-in applications in prescribed form and a processing fee of Rs. 500/- per program
Details of the Eligibility criteria and schedule for Spot round of counselling:
(a) The spot round of Counselling for a given M. Tech program shall be done against the. vacant seats to be declared by CCMT-2014. It may be mentioned that in case no vacancy exists against a given program, there shall be no spot round of counselling for that program.
(b) Minimum Eligibility criteria:
- Valid Gate Score.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / Technology or equivalent in a relevant area with at least 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA/CPI Ian 10 point scale (5% or 0.5 CGPA relaxation for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- MCA/ M.Sc. (CS) with at least 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA/CPI on 10 point scale , (5% or 0.5 CGPA relaxation for SC/ST/PWD candidates) for the CSE Department.
- M.s.c (Electronics/ Instrumentation) with at least 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA/CPI on 10 point scale (5% or 0.5 CGPA relaxation for SC/ST/PWD candidates) for ECE department.
(c) The candidate must bring the following documents (originals and one set of photocopy)
- 1. GATE score card (2013/2014),
- 2. ID proof as per Govt. of India norms,
- 3. Class X board certificate as proof of date of birth,
- 4. Marks sheet of class XII exams,
- 5. Marks sheets of qualifying degree examinations,
6.. Qualifying degree/ provisional certificate, if results declared,
- 7. Course completion certificate, in case of results awaited,
- 8. Certificate of reserved category, if applicable, issued by competent authority and as per CCMT format.
- 9. A demand draft of Rs. 500/- in favour of NIT Meghalaya, payable at Shillong.
(d) Selection shall be based on GATE score and written test (70% weight on Gate score and 30% weight on written test). In the written test, a candidate must secure at least 40% (30% for SC/ST/PWD) for further evaluation.
(e) The candidate must report at the Institute on 24th July, 2014 with filled-in application form, enclosing one set of photocopies of documents listed in (c).
(f) The following schedule shall be adhered to on the date of reporting:
Reporting at NIT Meghalaya – 9-10 am on 24th July, 2014
Written Test 10-11 am
Result Declaration 2:00 pm
Admissions 2:30 pm
.*Selected candidates will have to pay the following amount at the time of admission:
1. For Non SC/ST. Hostellers: Rs. 45,100/- + Rs. 15,000/- = Its. 60,100/- (Rupees sixty thousand one hundred only)
2. For Non SC/ST, Non-Hostellers: Ks. 40,600/- (Rupees forty thousand six hundred only)