Last Updated: 21st July, 2013
Spot Round of Counseling for M.Tech. Admission 2013
The eligible candidates for M.Tech. admission against spot round of counseling are requested to report on 30/07/2013 with filled-in application form along with necessary processing fee to NIT Silchar. This round of counseling shall be done only for the left over seats after reporting against the fourth round of seat allotment by CCMT 2013, and as per the vacancy list declared by CCMT 2013. List of the programs for which spot round of counseling may be considered is:
Details of the eligibility criteria and schedule for spot round of counseling:
(a) The spot round of counseling for a given M.Tech. program shall be done by the concerned Department on 30/07/2013 for all the 11 M.Tech. programs against any vacant seats to be declared by CCMT –2013. It may be mentioned that in case no vacancy exists against a given program, there shall be no spot round of counseling for that program.
(b) Minimum Eligibility criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with at least 60% marks or 6.5 in CGPA/CPI on a 10 point scale, or an MCA for the CSE Department only with at least 60% marks or equivalent, or M.Sc. in electronics or electronic Science with valid GATE scores for ECE Department M.Tech. (Microelectronics and VLSI design) program only.
• Relaxation for SC/ST candidates: 55% marks or 6.0 in CGPA/CPI on a 10 point scale in the qualifying degree.
(c) All the candidates must bring the following documents (originals and one set of photocopy)
1. Valid GATE score card (2012/2013), if any
2. ID proof as per Govt. of India norms2
3. Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
4. Mark sheet of Class XII exams
5. All semesters Grade/Mark sheets of qualifying examinations
6. Degree/Provisional certificate, if degree is not completed (provisional admission as per CCMT –
2013 rules for incomplete qualifying degree is admissible)
7. Course completion certificate (by result awaiting candidates)
8. Certificate of category (OBC/SC/ST/PH), if applicable, issued by the competent authority and as
per CCMT – 2013 format.
(d) Nonrefundable processing fee of Rs. 500/- (OC/OB)/Rs. 300 (SC/ST) per candidates per department is mandatory for all the participating candidates
(e) Selection shall be based on GATE score and/or marks/grade in qualifying degree and/or written test and/or interview. Weightage for various components is to be decided by the concerned Department and may vary from department to department.
(f) All candidates must report to the concerned department of NIT Silchar on 30th July 2013 during 9 – 10 AM with a filled-in application form, enclosing one set of photocopies of documents in (c) and a non refundable demand draft (Rs. 500/300 as applicable) as processing fee in favor of Director, NIT Silchar payable at Silchar. Any candidates reporting after 10 AM will be strictly prohibited from participating in the spot round counseling process. The schedule of reporting, written test, and interview on 30th July 2013 is as follows:
For Official Download Click Here