Last Updated: 31st May, 2013
Punjab Engineering College M.Tech Admission 2013
Master of Engineering Programme
PEC University of Technology, a premier institution of Northern India, offers Master of Engineering Programmes which are at par with the programmes offered by reputed national and international institutes.
Two years (four semesters) full time programmes leading to the Degree of Master of Engineering are offered in the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering (Transportation Engg.)
- Civil Engineering (Water Resources Engg.)
- Civil Engineering (Structures)
- Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics (VLSI Design)
- Industrial Materials and Metallurgy.
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering (Information Security) on self supporting basis.
- Industrial Design on self supporting basis.
- Total Quality Engineering & Management (TQEM). It is a self supporting programme. This programme will be a six Semester Evening programme and the timing of the classes will be 06.00 p.m. to 09.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
A limited number of seats in each programme are available for the part time students for whom the duration of the programme shall be three years.
Download the brochure (2013-14)
Download application form (2013-14)
|Last Date of receipt of application at College Counter.||21.06.2013 (Friday)|
|Display of merit list of GATE qualified candidates and the candidates of other categories like Non-GATE, Part-time, Sponsored candidates by all concerned departments on the college website.||01.07.2013 (Monday)|
1st Counseling Schedule
|Test Day – Day 1 |
(As per the schedule of ME Admissions in this Brochure on page 23)
|Admissions – Day 2 |
(Counseling for GATE candidates only in the respective departments)
|04.07.2013 (Thursday) |
At 9.00 A.M.
|Admissions – Day 3 |
(Counseling for remaining GATE and Non GATE candidates in the respective departments)
|05.07.2013 (Friday) |
At 9.00 A.M.
|Registration (In respective departments) (compulsory for all new M.E. Students)||31.07.2013 (Wednesday)|
|Commencement of Classes||02.08.2013 (Friday)|
|2nd & Last Counseling |
(Counseling and registration in the respective departments)
|05.08.2013 (Monday) |
At 9.00 A.M.
INFORMATION ABOUT ADMISSION
- Sale of admission brochure for M.E. programmes at the college counter w.e.f. 30.05.2013
- Last date to receive completed application forms 21.06.2013
- Candidates can download application forms and brochure and apply by sending a demand draft of Rs. 1000/- along with other required documents.
Contact details for various M.E. programme
Dr. Shakti Kumar
2. Electrical Engineering
Dr. Jagdish Kumar
3. Mechanical Engineering
Prof. A. Dubey
4. Electronics Engineering & Electronics (VLSI Design)
Prof. Rita Majahan / Prof. N. Saha
Ph. 01722753768 / 2753758
5. Production & Industrial Engineering
Prof. R.M. Belokar
6. Computer Science & Engineering & CS(Information Security)
Prof. R. Bhatia
7. Industrial Design
Prof. Jagjit Singh
ELIGIBILITY CRITERION FOR ADMISSION:
A candidate for ME admission must possess qualifying degree with 60% marks with relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST and physically handicapped category candidates. The percentage marks would be as awarded by the respective university from which the candidate has graduated. In case of universities awarding CGPA, the percentage marks would be determined as per the formula specified by the university on its mark-sheet. In case no formula is specified, the CGPA would be multiplied by a factor of 9 to obtain the percentage of marks.
Candidates who have not submitted their B.E./B.Tech. Degree with their applications may be given provisional admission with an undertaking that they would be submitting original provisional degree and original detailed marks certificates latest by 13th September 2013 (last date for submission of documents as per academic calendar). An undertaking form would be got filled from the candidate to this effect.
NOTE: Admission brochure will be available in MAY 2013
Additional Requirements for Sponsored/Part-time Candidates
- An applicant for a Sponsored seat must have a minimum of two years full time work experience, as on the last date of receipt of completed application form, in the sponsoring organization viz. Central / State Government Autonomous Body / Public Limited Company; or as a teacher in an AICTE approved institute. A sponsored candidate will be considered for admission in only that M.E. programme for which he / she has been granted permission by his / her parent department / organization. The main activities of the sponsoring organization should relate to the programme in which the candidate is seeking admission.
- An applicant seeking part-time admission must have a minimum of two years full time work experience, as on the last date of receipt of completed application form, in the present organization viz. a registered firm/company/industry/educational and research institution/any Government Department or Government Autonomous Organization and will be considered for admission to only that specialization for which he / she has been granted permission by his / her parent department.
- Candidates sponsored by Central/State Govt. Autonomous Bodies/Public Ltd. Companies/AICTE approved institutes, for admission to ME Programmes, shall be allowed to attend the classes only after they submit the certificate of proceeding on leave from their parent organization.
- If a sponsored/part-time candidate leaves his / her organization during the programme of study, his / her name will be deemed to have been removed from the institute rolls from the date he / she leaves that organization.
FEES AND EXPENSES
The institute fees include the following:
Fees & Registration:
|Non Gate Candidates||For GATE qualified candidates(Excluding Self-Supporting M.E. Programme)||Self-Supporting M.E. Programme|
|One time (at Admission only)|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 3000||Rs. 3000||Rs. 3000|
|One time student service fee||Rs. 5000||Rs. 5000||Rs. 5000|
|Refundable Deposit||Rs. 5000||Rs. 5000||Rs. 5000|
|Academic||Rs. 35000||Rs. 15000||Rs. 57,500|
|Other facilities & services||Rs. 5250||Rs. 5250||Rs. 5250|
|Total payable at the time of admission (for day scholar)||Rs. 53250||Rs. 33250||Rs. 75,750|
Additional fee for hostel facilities at the time of admission:
|Refundable security||Rs. 5000|
|Hostel fees (Annual)||Rs. 14,000|
|Hostel and mess establishment charges (Annual)||Rs. 21,600|
|Mess advance||Rs. 2500|
|Total additional sum payable for hostel facilities||Rs. 43,100|
- Revision in the fees, if any, will be notified on the website www.pec.ac.in. Candidates are requested to check fee structure prior to attending counseling.
- The mode of payment is Cash / Demand Draft in favour of Director, PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh.
- Every student has to be a part of the medical insurance policy for which a fixed premium is to be paid.
- No GATE scholarship will be awarded through the institute in case of M.E. Computer Science & Engineering-Information Security, Industrial Design, TQEM.
- Some scholarships under TEQIP-II are available for the non-GATE qualified candidates. The rules for the same will be notified shortly.
- The total fee for TQEM programme will be the same as for other self supporting programmes but spread over six semesters instead of four.
1. The refundable deposits will be fully refunded whenever the student withdraws his admission from the institute.
2. If a student after being granted admission pays the fee but does not register with the institute on the prescribed date, withdraws his admission and applies for refund, the entire fee paid by him/her shall be refunded.
3. If a student after being granted admission pays the fee and registers with the institute on the prescribed date but withdraws his admission later and applies for refund before the date of second counseling for admission i.e. 05.08.2013 to Dean Academic Affairs with copy to concerned Head of the Department, his/her admission fee of Rs.3,000/- will be forfeited. The other fees paid by him/her (including hostel/mess fees in case of a hosteller) will be refunded after making deductions proportionate to the entire period starting from the month of registration to the month of application for refund (part of each month being counted as a full month).
4. A student who withdraws his/her seat after the second and final counseling for admissions for the year has taken place, will not be entitled to refund of any fee paid by him/her except for the refundable deposits.