Last Updated: 12th April, 2013
Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies
ADMISSIONS FOR MASTERS PROGRAM IN COMPUTATIONAL ENGINEERING
M.Tech Degree in Computational Engineering
(WITH A TEACHING ASSISTANCE OF Rs.10,000/- PER MONTH)
This course has been designed incorporating Advanced Computing Techniques and Tools to suit the people seeking TEACHING/RESEARCH CAREER in Computational Engineering competing with world class curricula.
- Name of the program: Interdisciplinary Masters program in Computational Engineering
- Degree to be awarded: M.Tech in Computational Engineering (with a specialization in core branch like Chemical Civil/ /Computer Engineering/ Electronics-Electrical/Mechanical/Metallurgical/ etc)
- Qualified in GATE 2012 or 2013
- B.Tech/B.E with a core branch such as (Civil / Computer Science / Chemical / Electrical / Electronics/ Mechanical/ Metallurgical-Materials)
- 60% or above marks in B.Tech/B.E, Intermediate and SSC
- SC/ST candidates: 55% or above marks in B.Tech/B.E, Intermediate and SSC
- Passing of seven weeks “Introductory course in computing” with “A” grade or 80% marks (Mandatory) conducted by RGUKT at its campuses Basar / Nuzvid / RK Valley.
- GATE (2012, 2013) in order of merit followed by an INTERVIEW.
- Passing of “Introductory course in computing” with “A” grade or 80% marks (Mandatory) conducted by RGUKT for seven weeks and in order of merit.
- Prospective national Students having qualified in GATE from States other than A.P can also apply. Admissions of these candidates are subject to rules of Govt.of .A.P as in force treating them as Non-Local candidates under supernumerary.
- A.P Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) orders: A.U, O.U and SVU regions, Article 371.D of “Presidential Order 1974”, Govt. of. India
- Rule of reservations as per Govt. of. A.P is applicable.
2 years (Five Terms) (excluding seven weeks Introductory course)
- 200 (Three regions OU,AU & SVU together)
- Tentative allocation of-11- in each branch at each campus( 200 Three regions together)
Chemical Eng, Civil, Computer, Electronics-Electrical, Mechanical, Metallurgical-Materials
During the period of seven weeks, selected candidates shall be given training on “Introductory course in computing” by RGUKT at one of its campuses Basra/Nuzvid/RK Valley. It is completely a residential program and the students should stay on the campus where the training program is being offered by paying Rs.11,000/- for food and accommodation during the training period.
Passing of this “Introductory Course in Computing” securing ‘A’ grade or 80% is mandatory for getting admission in M.Tech program.
Un-successful candidates of Introductory course will be given a “Participation Certificate”.
After the Introductory Course, the admitted candidates shall be allotted seats following the rule of reservation of A.P and article 371.D of presidential order 1974, Govt.of.India to each campus of RGUKT at Basar (Adilabad District) , Nuzvid (Krishna District) and RK valley(Kadapa District)
Rs.6,000/-(First year) and Rs.4,000/-(Second year)
- Admision fee : Rs.1,000 (One time in first year)
- Special fee : Rs.4,000 (First year and second year)
- Caution deposit : Rs.1,000 (one time in first year & Refundable)
Total : Rs.6,000/-
- Tuition fee : Rs. 4,000. P.M (Adjustable by Deduction from T. A)
“Learning by Doing” adopting cognitive technologies through e-learning and smart class rooms, self-learning availing NPTEL, Webcourses/webnars etc under the guidance of coordinator/mentor.
A midterm exam and final exam is conducted for each course and the courses are sequential. Only successful candidates in each course will be allowed to next course sequentially.
- 60 marks for CIE (Internal assessment) – This will include topics for testing like Seminar, Assignments and Quizzes.
- 10 marks for MT (Mid term exam) – There will be one midterm exam for each subject.
- 30 marks for FE (Final Examination) – It can be either paper based or computer based test depending on the course taken.
All the admitted candidates shall be offered “Teaching Assistance” utilizing their services FOUR HOURS a day for conducting theory/practical classes for B.Tech and P.U.C. students.
- A proportionate honorarium of Teaching Assistance not exceeding Rs.10,000/- p.m shall be paid to all M.Tech students
- From the amount earned out of Teaching Assistance, the charges for Tuition fee Rs 4000, Food and Accommodation amounting Rs.2200/p.m and laptop cost of Rs 1800 shall be deducted every month. After the deduction adjustement, the student shall get Rs.2000p.m towards their monthly incidental charges. (Laptop becomes student’s property after the recovery of its cost through monthly installments)
- The mode of applying is online.
- The candidate has to pay an application fee of Rs.200/-(For SC/ST candidates: Rs.150/-) in any nationalized bank and get a Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Registrar, RGUKT” and payable at Hyderabad. The serial number of the D.D shall be used in filling the online application by logging in the RGUKT site through www.rgukt.in or http://pgprogram2013.rgukt.in and submit it.
- The printout along with original DD and copies of certificates shall be sent to the Registrar,RGUKT at the address given above with an inscription as “Application form for M.Tech-2013” on the left side of the mailing cover.
- The hard copy of print-out with out original D.D and GATE score card etc shall not be considered for admission process.
April 1st 2013: Online application window opens
- April 30th 2013: Last date to receive online applications and printed hard copy with original DD and Xerox copies of certificates
- May 10th , 2013: Last date to receive printed hard copy along with original DD and Xerox copies of certificates.
- (No application of hard copies will be accepted beyond May 10th 2013).
- RGUKT is not responsible for delayed deliveries by postal/courier services.
- The dates and place of interviews will be communicated to the short listed candidates.
- For further details, please contact
Convener, In-charge for PG Programs
RGUKT, Gachibowli, Hyderabad