Last Updated: 9th October, 2014
VIZAG STEEL Recruiting Management Trainees Through GATE 2014
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited – Visakhapatnam Steel Plant (RINL-VSP) is India’s first shore-based integrated Steel Plant built with state-of-the-art technology and is a prime producer of long steel products in the country having extensive market in infrastructure, construction, automobile, electrical and forging industry. With an annual turnover of around 13,500 crores, the Company is poised to commission its second phase of expansion from 6.3 Mtpa to 7.3 Mtpa liquid steel capacity by 2014-15. The Company has also commenced plans for the next phase of expansion to 11 to 12 Mtpa and diversify into flat products for a better product mix.
Silhouetted between the azure bay and verdant hills, the Plant is an epitome of technological marvel crafted in nature’s lap, where environment sustenance comes first and a tree is grown for every metric tonne of production capacity added. The residential township is unique of its kind with dense foliage, beautiful parks and wide roads; and provides all modern amenities within and in the vicinity.
The Company invites young, talented and dynamic individuals to join as Management Trainees and grow to become tomorrow’s leaders. The Company also offers excellent career growth opportunities and superior pay package at par with the leaders in the industry.
NUMBER OF POSTS: 81 (UR-41; OBC-30; SC-6; ST-4)
Out of the total vacancies, 3 vacancies are earmarked for Persons with Disability (1 each for OH, HI and PB).
- Full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in the disciplines of METALLURGY / MECHANICAL / ELECTRICAL from a University/ Institute recognized by AICTE with minimum 60% of marks in the aggregate of all years / semesters (50% in aggregate for SC/ST/PWD candidates). Candidates must be in possession of Marks Sheets and Provisional Certificate/ Degree, all dated on or before 31.07.2014.
- Should have qualified in GATE-2014 examination.
Candidates failing to produce the Marks sheets and Provisional Certificate/Degree, all dated on or before 31.07.2014, in original, at the time of interview shall not be allowed for interview. No other documents in lieu of Marks Sheets and Provisional Certificate/Degree shall be considered.
Candidates having Degree in related disciplines as given below can apply against the respective discipline:
|Discipline||Eligible Full Time Degrees in Engineering||GATE Code|
Metallurgy & Materials Science
Mechanical & Production Engineering
Electrical & Electronics
Electrical, Instrumentation & Control
Age: Born not earlier than 1stMarch 1987. Upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years for OBC (non-creamy layer); 5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for PWD candidates. Those domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 1/1/1980 to 31/12/1989 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
Health: Candidates should be of sound physique, free from any physical defect. Medical standards stipulate minimum requirements of Height and Weight, as under:
|Minimum Height||Minimum Weight|
|Male candidates||150 cms||45 kgs|
|Female Candidates||143 cms||35 kgs|
Myopia and Hypermetropia, if any, should not exceed ± 4.00D in each eye. No squint and/or no colour blindness – partial or full.
No relaxation in the above standards will be allowed. The above physical standards are only indicative and not exhaustive. It is in the interest of the candidates to ensure that they fulfill the above criteria.
Candidates belonging to OBC category but not covered under ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ and thus not entitled to OBC reservation, should indicate their category as ‘GENERAL’. The SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates are required to submit the recent certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format available on the RINL website.
The selection process will consist of Group Discussion / Interview. Eligible candidates should have qualified in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2014, which was held during the month of February 2014.
Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in GATE-2014 will be intimated to appear for Group Discussion / Interview (which may be held at short notice). Candidates should visit the RINL website from time to time for information on the same.
TRAINING & PROBATION:
Candidates selected as Management Trainees (Technical) will be placed on training for one year. On successful completion of training, the candidates shall be placed under probation for one year.
Selected candidates will be offered a basic pay of ` 20,600/- per month in the pay scale of ` 20,600-3%- 46,500/-(E-1 grade). On successful completion of training, they will be designated as Junior Manager in the same scale of pay.
Besides Basic Pay, the Management Trainees will also be paid Dearness Allowance. They will also be entitled for benefits such as PF, Gratuity and other perks & allowances as per rules of the Company in vogue. In addition, the Company provides benefits like Leave encashment, Housing/HRA and free medical facility for self and dependents as per rules in vogue. The CTC would be around ` 7.60 lakhs per annum during the period of training.
An amount of5,000/- per month will be deducted from the total emoluments during the period of training and probation as retention amount, on returnable basis on confirmation of service in the Company after successful completion of training and probation period. The retention amount will be forfeited on leaving the service / termination of service before confirmation.
As this would be direct recruitment on initial basic pay, the Company will not bear any liability on account of Salary/ leave salary/ pension contribution etc., of previous employment, if any.
APPLICATION & PROCESSING FEE:
- Application & Processing fee of ` 150/- (Rupees One hundred and fifty only) for General and OBC candidates.
- Processing fee of ` 50/- (Rupees Fifty only) for SC, ST and PWD candidates.
- The Fee Payment Challan / Pay-in-Slip is to be downloaded from the website after filling in the basic details.
- Fee must be deposited in “RINL-VSP Recruitment Account No. 30589461220” at any of the Core Banking Branches of State Bank of India (SBI) in the prescribed preprinted Challan. No other form of payment is accepted.
- Candidates have to fill in their own handwriting Date of Deposit, SBI Branch Code No., SBI Branch name, Bank charges and Total amount paid and sign at the appropriate place on the Challan.
- Candidates have to pay bank commission @ ` 25/- per Challan for depositing fee at other than SBI, Steel Plant Branch, Visakhapatnam (Code 6318).
- Please insist the fee collecting SBI branch to invariably enter the candidate’s name and 7 digit registration number mentioned in the Challan in their online screen.
- Candidates have to enter in the appropriate cells on the online application form the details of SBI branch, Code Number, date of deposit and the Journal Number.
- Downloading of Registration slip cannot be done without deposit of application & processing fee and obtaining Journal Number from the bank.
- Fee can be deposited up to 20thOctober 2014.
- Fee once deposited into Company’s account will not be refunded under any circumstances, even if the candidates are unable to apply on-line due to their own problems or due to being ineligible at the time of applying or on-line application is not accepted or due to internet failure. Therefore, before depositing the fee amount, candidates should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates should retain their copy of original counterfoil of the Challan (Candidate’s Copy) and Registration slip for future reference.
- Candidates should submit original counterfoil of the Challan (Candidate’s copy) along with their computer generated Registration Slip at the time of interview.
- To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to apply well in advance.