Last Updated: 2nd February, 2018
BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018 for Management Trainee
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is a Fortune 500, heading Navratna Public Sector Company in the compelling and influential energy sector, involved in Refining, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum products and also in exploration of Oil / Gas. The BPCL organization accomplished a Gross Revenue of 2.42 lakh crores for the year 2016-17.
As one of India’s biggest corporations, BPCL gives you personal and professional development. With it, you have the opportunity to grow, explore your strengths and earn the experience to move forward and fulfill your dreams.
BPCL looking for young, energetic and ambitious Graduate Engineers in the field of Mechanical from GATE 2018 (Mechanical and Chemical for GATE 2017) and (Mechanical, Chemical and Instrumentation Engineering for GATE 2016) for the post of Management Trainee. Engineers desirous of pursuing a career with BPCL are required to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
Qualification for BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Full time, B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc (Engg) through AICTE/UGC approved Indian Universities / Institutes
- Applicants should have passed the degree in the first attempt.
- Integrated Courses or courses with 5 years or more course duration would not be eligible for the position.
For Final Year Student: Applicants in the final year of their engineering studies may also apply. Still, they must fulfill the eligibility criteria in all respects of educational qualification.
|Mechanical||B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg) – Mechanical Engineering|
Percentage of Marks: 60% marks for GEN/OBC and 50% for ST/SC in the qualifying degree examination.
|Disciplines advertised for BPCL||Mechanical|
|Corresponding GATE-2018 paper||Mechanical engineering|
|Corresponding GATE 2018 paper code||ME|
Age Limits for BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
(Age as on 1/6/2018)
General Candidates: Maximum 25 years
OBC (Non-Creamy layer): Maximum 28 years
SC/ST: Maximum 30 years
Selection Process for BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Shortlisting based on GATE-2018 Scores in Mechanical, Chemical & Instrumentation Disciplines
- For Further Short-listing there will be Group Discussions / Alternate selection methodology and Personal Interviews
- Final Selection will be Based on Medical Fitness in Pre -Employment Medical Examination
Emoluments for BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Candidates selected as “Management Trainee” would be normally placed in Job Group “A”, with a basic salary of Rs. 24,900/- (Scale of Pay Rs. 24,900 – Rs. 50,500). In addition, Dearness Allowance (DA) based on IDA pattern is payable. House Rent Assistance, if applicable will vary based on the class of city of posting.
The total emoluments at the entry level for Management Trainees are presently Rs. 11 Lakhs per annum (approx. cost to company).
How to Apply for BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Register Online for GATE 2018.
- After downloading the GATE-2018 admit card and receipt of GATE registration number, applicants need to apply online on BPCL’s website. The relevant link would be made available from 5th January 2018 to 2nd February 2018 on BPCL’s career website.
- Applicant should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, sign at the space provided. The same will have to be submitted in case the candidate is shortlisted for further selection process. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same as that on the GATE-2018 application form & admit card.
If the applicant is called for further selection process, his/her identity would be verified with GATE-2018 admit card and GATE-2018 official score card.
BPCL will consider only GATE-2018 marks. GATE-2017 marks or prior to that will not be considered.
Important Date for BPCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Start date for GATE 2018 Application||1st Sept 2017|
|Last date for GATE 2018 Application||5st Oct 2017|
|Availability of online GATE admit card||5 January 2018|
|Date of GATE 2018 online examination||(Between 3rd Feb 2018 and 11th February 2018) (tentative)|
|BPCL career website opens for online applications for recruitment through GATE 2018.||5th January 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application||12 February 2018|