What is the use of GATE Exam | Why GATE
Last Updated: 6th September, 2017
Why should I appear in GATE?
There are mainly two reasons to appear in GATE exam first is Post Graduation from most reputed engineering colleges in India such as IIT/NIT/IIIT and second is high earning jobs in Public sector units such as GAIL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL etc. Let’s discuss them in detail
- What is so special about doing M.Tech or Ph.D. from IIT/NIT/IIIT well not so much If you are already an undergrad student of it but if you belong to some private or state level engineering college then it can be a huge deal for you WHY? Because you will be going to exposed to some of the greatest faculties of India, you will get a chance to work under them in some projects and get real life experience, you will get the best infrastructure to live and work in.
- It will be totally FREE. See when you qualify GATE you become eligible for 12400/- stipend every month for the next two years during your post-graduation (if you maintain minimum CPI during your course which is different in different colleges) which means your tuition, hotel and mess fees along with your personal expense will get cover from it.
- If you just work hard for next two years there, you don’t have to worry about jobs or internship anymore. Click here for IIT previous years M. Tech Cutoff
- If you are interested in M.B.A then you can use your GATE score for that too. NITIE Mumbai which is one of the most reputed institutes in India with an average package of 15 Lakhs/annum offers PGDIE course through GATE score.
- In some case people just don’t want to study further anymore in that case GATE also offers high paying jobs in PSU, let’s discuss it
Job in PSU (Public sector units)
Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) are the companies partially possessed by the government that undertakes commercial activities on behalf of the government. Numerous PSU such as BHEL, IOC, NTPC, BPCL, BARC, HPCL, etc., are using the GATE score for choosing candidates for their organizations. Click here for a list of PSU recruiting through GATE.
I hope now you know why GATE exam is so important. Let me describe it in a funny note
GATE Exam is like a Repentance “paschatap” for all your sin “paap” which you have done in last four years.