Last Updated: 1st August, 2017
OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 for Executive Trainees
( Every year OIL recruit Engineers on the basis of GATE Score for Executive Grade B post )
OIL INDIA LIMITED (OIL) is a Navratna Public Sector Undertaking. It is a pioneer national upstream Oil and Gas Company with a pan Indian presence and growing global mark. It is involved in Exploration, Production and Conveyance of crude oil, natural gas and manufacture of LPG with its Field Headquarters at Duliajan, Dist. Dibrugarh, Assam.
OIL looks for young, active and devoted Indian citizens who graduates in Mechanical Engineering and Post Graduates in Geology and Geophysics for recruitment as Executive Trainees through GATE 2018.
Payment for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
OIL offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. Executive Trainee will be compensated with a fixed stipend of Rs. 25000 per month. Furthermore, to stipend, other perk includes free hostel type accommodation on sharing basis and free medical services for self.
Executive Trainee will have to undertake at least one year training which is dependent on extension based on his/her performance. After the accomplishment of training, the Executive Trainees will be qualified for absorption in Regular Executive Grade B in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500 in addition to Basic Pay and DA, executives are entitled for other perquisites & allowances under cafeteria approach.
Eligibility Criteria for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Full time Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technology/AMIE of 4 years duration recognized by AICTE.
- Full time Post Graduate in Geology of 2 years duration recognized by UGC with Mathematics in graduation.
- Full time Post Graduate in Geophysics of 2 years duration recognized by UGC.
- Final year/semester students are also eligible to apply. However, they have to provide Bachelor’s Degree/ Post Graduate Degree pass certificate at the time of interview.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION AND GATE SUBJECT WITH CODE:
|Post||Education Qualification||Gate Subject and Code|
|ET-Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering |
(excluding Automation/ Automobile/
|Mechanical Engineering [ME]|
|ET-Geology||PG in Geology (with Mathematics |
at Graduation level (including Applied Geology but excluding
PG in Computational Seismology)
|Geology and Geophysics (GG) |
[Part A & section 1 of part B]
|ET-Geophysics||PG in Geophysics |
(including Applied Geophysics but
|Geology and Geophysics (GG) |
[Part A & section 2 of part B]
PERCENTAGE OF MARKS
|a||For full time Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technoloqy/AMIE of 4 years duration||65%|
|b||For full time Post Graduates in Geology and Geophysics of 2 years duration||60%|
|Percentage of marks would be the aggregate of all semesters irrespective of |
the norms/ system being followed in the institute/university.Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/ Institute.Rounding off of percentage would not be allowed.
Age Limit for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Category||For full time Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technology/ AMIE of 4 years duration||For full time Post Graduates in Geology and Geophysics of 2 years duration|
|UR||27 Years||29 Years|
|OBC(NCL)||30 Years||32 Years|
|SC/ST||32 Years||34 Years|
Selection Process for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, 2018 (GATE -2018).
- Candidates will be short listed for the next stage of selection process on the basis of GATE -2018 scores in order of merit.
- Candidates are required to qualify in GATE-2018 and thereafter in the interview separately.
- Please note that for the above ET-2018 recruitment, GATE-2018 scores will only be valid.
How to Apply for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- The candidates, who have applied online for GATE-2018, will receive their GATE-2018 Registration Number printed on their admit card.
- On receipt of GATE-2016 registration number, the candidates need to apply on-line for OIL ET-2018 on the website www.oil-india.com from Mid January 2018 to Mid
Important Dates for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 01, 2017 (Friday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||October 05, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Commencement of Online Registration of application by candidates in OIL||Mid January 2017 to Mid February 2017|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Schedule of the next stage of selection process in OIL||May-June 2018 (Tentative)|
Useful Link for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Click Here for OIL GATE 2018 Notification (not yet available)