Last Updated: 23rd February, 2017
RITES Recruiting Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) via GATE – 2016 & 2017
RITES Recruitment 2017. RITES Ltd., a Mini Ratna Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India is a premier multi-disciplinary consultancy organization in the fields of transport, infrastructure and related technologies. RITES Ltd. is in need of dynamic and hard working professionals as under:
|16/17||Graduate Engineer Trainee (Civil Engineering)|
|17/17||Graduate Engineer Trainee (Mechanical Engineering)|
|18/17||Graduate Engineer Trainee (Electrical Engineering)|
|19/17||Graduate Engineer Trainee (Signal & Telecommunications)|
Number of vacancies shall be uploaded later on RITES website under Career Section
RITES Recruitment 2017 Age Limit
|Minimum Age||Maximum Age||Cut-off date for calculation of Age|
|21 years||30 years||01.03.2017|
RITES Recruitment 2017 Minimum Qualifications & Experience
|VC No||Post||Graduation Degree required for applying|
|16/17||GET (Civil)||Full Time First Degree in Civil Engineering|
|17/17||GET (Mechanical)||Full Time First Degree in Mechanical Engineering|
|18/17||GET (Electrical)||Full Time First Degree in Electrical Engineering|
|19/17||GET (S&T)||Full Time First Degree in Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering|
Reserved category candidates (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) should have at least 50% marks in Engineering Degree for consideration against reserved posts.
Final Year/Semester students are also eligible, provided they have obtained minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
Note for Educational Qualification:
The candidate should possess full time Degree approved by UGC/AICTE; from a University incorporated by an Act of Central or State legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be Deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Reservation, relaxation & concessions to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Servicemen would be provided against reserved posts as per extant Govt. orders.
RITES regular employees shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5 years in the Age-Limit.
RITES Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria should have appeared for GATE – 2016 OR GATE – 2017 paper as under:
|VC No.||Discipline||Corresponding GATE – 2016 OR GATE – 2017 paper||Corresponding GATE – 2016 OR GATE – 2017 Paper Code|
|16/17||Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering||CE|
|17/17||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|18/17||Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||EE|
|19/17||Signal & Telecommunications||Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC|
Candidates obtaining valid Marks (Marks out of 100) shall only be eligible for the next stage of selection. The Marks will be valid only if the candidate obtains more than or equal to the Qualifying Marks as fixed for GATE – 2016 OR GATE – 2017 paper (as applicable).
Candidates should apply with ONLY ONE out of GATE – 2016 OR GATE – 2017 Marks. In case any candidate(s) applies using both GATE – 2016 & GATE – 2017 score, the higher score only will be considered for shortlisting for further selection process.
Candidates should note that only one score out of GATE – 2016 and GATE – 2017 shall be considered for shortlisting.
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Personal Interview based on their Normalized Marks (Out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE – 2016 OR GATE – 2017.
Candidates shortlisted for Personal Interview shall be required to submit the documents as may be mentioned in the call letter.
Final merit list shall be prepared as per following weightage distribution:
- GATE Marks (Out of 100) – 75%
- Interview – 25%
Only those candidates shall be considered for empanelment who secure a minimum of 60% marks in Interview (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD).
The Offer of Appointment shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of category wise merit and based on requirement.
Please note that only GATE – 2016 and GATE – 2017 (Normalized Marks out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. GATE score of 2015 or prior is not valid.
Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the Medical Examination to be conducted as per RITES Rules and Standards of Medical Fitness for the relevant post.
Candidates have the option to appear for interview either in Hindi or English.
RITES Recruitment 2017 Nature & Period of Engagement
Selected candidates will be on training for a period of 2 months. On completion of training period, the candidates will be engaged as Assistant Manager in IDA pay – scale of Rs.20600-46500 on probation for a period of 2 years.
Selected candidates shall be liable for posting to any place in India as per requirements of the Company.
Candidates will be required to clear the screening test for confirmation of their services at the end of the probation period. Those who fail to qualify in the screening test, their probation period may be extended and further action taken in accordance with the policy of the Company.
RITES Recruitment 2017 Remuneration
Candidates will be placed in the IDA pay scale of Rs.20600-46500 during the training period with starting basic pay of Rs.20600/-. Besides basic pay, they will be paid Dearness Allowance (DA) and House Rent Allowance (HRA) during the training period.
After successful completion of training period, candidates shall be engaged as Assistant Manager in IDA pay – scale of Rs.20600-46500, and would be paid Basic pay and DA, fixed/variable allowances as applicable in the scale, Performance Related Pay, HRA/Lease, Contribution to PF, Gratuity as per Gratuity Act.
The approximate emoluments on engagement as Assistant Manager shall be 10 LPA.
The remuneration is due for revision as per the recommendations of 3rd Pay Revision Committee
Service Agreement Bond
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is 1,00,000/- (50, 000/- SC/ST/PWD). If candidates wish to resign from service during training period or within a period of 3 years after the training period, the above amount will have to be deposited.
RITES Recruitment 2017 Application Fees
No fee is required to be paid for applying to the post of Graduate Engineer Trainee in RITES Ltd.
RITES Recruitment 2017 How to Apply
- Before applying candidates should ensure that they satisfy the necessary conditions and requirements of the position.
- Interested candidates fulfilling the above laid down eligibility criteria are required to apply online in the registration format available in the Career Section of RITES website, http://www.rites.com
While submitting the online application; the system would generate ‘Registration No.’ on top of online form filled up by the candidate. Note down this “Registration No.” and quote it for all further communication with RITES Ltd.
- After filling up the required details under the “Fill/ Modify Application Form”, click on “GATE Details” tab and enter the required details pertaining to GATE – 2016 or GATE – 2017 (as applicable).
- RITES Ltd. does not take GATE marks from conducting authority. Only the marks/score/rank as entered by candidate(s) while applying online on RITES Recruitment Portal is considered. Candidate(s) are shortlisted for further round of selection based on GATE details as entered by candidates. Candidates who do not enter their GATE details, their candidature shall not be considered further.
- The ORIGINAL TESTIMONIALS/DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH ONE SELF-ATTESTED COPY of the following documents will have to be produced by the candidates at the time of interview if called:
- 2 recent passport size colour photographs
- High School certificate for proof of Date of Birth
- Certificates of Academic & Professional qualifications and statements of marks of all the qualifications for all semesters/years (Xth, XIIth, Diploma/ Graduation/ Post-Graduation as applicable)
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate if applicable.(Only caste certificate for reservation for posts under Govt. of India is acceptable in RITES Ltd.)
- Proof of identity & Address (Passport, Voter ID, Driving Lisence, Aadhaar Card etc)
- PAN Card
- Proof of different periods of experience as claimed in your application (if applicable)
- Any other document in support of your candidature
- PWD Certificate as per latest format (if applicable)
- GATE Scorecard in original
- No application will be entertained after the expiry of last date of receipt of Online Application Form. RITES Ltd. does not bear any responsibility for any delay for any reason whatsoever.
- Please attach copies of experience certificates from your previous employment in respect of claims made by you in your application. In respect of current employment, experience certificate/ joining letter along with last month s’ salar y slips, or , Form 16 and other documents which clearly prove your continuity in the job are to be attached. In case your claim is not established from the proofs submitted by you; your application is liable to be rejected. Please check your claims and certificates submitted by you carefully. Incomplete application, or, insufficient proof would entail rejection of your application. No claims would be entertained at a later stage.
- Community certificate (SC/ST/OBC) should be in the format prescribed by Government of India only. OBC candidates included in the Central List with certificate not more than 12 months old (with clear mention of candidate not belonging to “Creamy Layer”) in the GOI prescribed format only will be considered for the posts reserved for OBC.
- The candidates are also advised to keep a copy of Application Form submitted with them and to carry the same at the time of the Interview (if called).
- The original testimonials/documents along with one self-attested copy will have to be produced by the candidate(s) at the time of interview (if called).
- Departmental Candidates of RITES and candidates working in Government Departments/ PSU, if selected shall be allowed to join RITES only after being properly relieved from their parent organization
- Candidates not fulfilling the minimum laid down criteria advertised with respect to educational qualifications, age, and experience for selection to the respective post, would not be able to register online.
- Candidates should submit only one application for one vacancy and application once submitted cannot be altered. A valid e-mail ID is essential for submission of the online application. RITES will not be responsible for bouncing of any e-mail sent to the candidates. However, candidates can apply for any number of vacancies.
- If any claim made by a candidate is found to be incorrect, his/her candidature shall be summarily rejected.
Venue & Time
Date, time and details of venue of the selection shall be communicated to shortlisted candidates.
- Management reserves the right to cancel/ restrict/ enlarge/ modify/ alter the selection/ recruitment process at any stage, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
- The number of vacancies may vary.
- Serving Govt./PSU officials, if selected will be allowed to join only after they are properly relieved from their parent organization
- The period of training/internship/apprenticeship shall not be counted towards post qualification experience.
- Legal jurisdiction will be Delhi in case of any dispute
- No train/bus fare / TA / DA shall be payable.
For any further clarification/query, please contact officials of Recruitment Section on telephone No. 0124 – 2818178/ 2818163 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM only on working days (Monday – Friday).
RITES Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
|1||Start date of online registration||29.03.2017|
|2||Last date of online registration||19.04.2017|
|3||Tentative date of selection||To be notified later|