Last Updated: 16th January, 2018
THDC Recruitment through GATE 2018
Tehri Hydro Development Corporation India Limited ( THDC India Ltd ) is a Mini Ratna Category-I and Schedule ‘A’ Company. It develops, operate and maintain 2400 MW Tehri Hydro Energy Advanced (including 1000 MW Tehri Dam & HPP, 1000 MW Tehri Pumped Storage Plant & 400 MW Koteshwar HEP) and other Hydro Works. The entire capacity of THDC presently is 1513 MW. THDCIL has two Hydro generating stations namely Koteshwar HEP (4×100 MW) and Tehri Stage-I (4×250 MW) and two operational Wind Power Projects in Gujarat, one at Devbhoomi Dwarka (30X2.1 MW) and another at Patan (25X2 MW).
It recruits Graduate engineers on the basis of GATE Score every year. The recruitment for Engineer Trainees through GATE 2018 is in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil Engineering.
Vacancies for THDC Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Vacancy||Disciplines||Name of post|
Eligibility Criteria for THDC Recruitment through GATE 2018
Valid Score in the Electrical Engineering (EE), Civil Engineering (CE), Mechanical Engineering(ME) paper of GATE 2018. Applicant should have appeared in the mentioned paper of GATE 2018 and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2018 Organizing Body.
Essential Qualification for THDC India Limited Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Post||Course||Discipline||Percentage of marks|
|Engineer Trainee (Electrical)||Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.SC(Engg.) from a recognized Indian University/Institute approved by AICTE.||Electrical Discipline includes: |
Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems & High Voltage/Power Engineering
|Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA *|
|Engineer Trainee (Civil)||Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc(Engg.) from a recognized Indian University/Institute approved by AICTE.||Civil Engineering||Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA *|
|Engineer Trainee (Mechanical)||Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc(Engg.) from a recognized Indian University/Institute approved by AICTE.||Mechanical discipline includes: Mechanical/Mechanical & Automation Engineering||Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA*|
Age Limit for THDC Recruitment through GATE 2018
Upper Age limit is 30 years for unserved applicants ( as on 31.01.2018 ). Age Relaxation is there for OBC/SC/ST/PWD candidates according to the general government guidelines.
Remuneration for THDC Recruitment through GATE 2018
During Training Period – Approx. Rs.7.00 Lakh
On absorption – Approx. Rs.10 Lakh
The CTC shall vary slightly depending on the location of posting.
Application Fees for THDC Recruitment through GATE 2018
SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental applicants are exempted from payment of application fees. Candidates are required to login to their candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only.
Selection Process for THDC Recruitment through GATE 2018
Applicants shall be shortlisted out of the candidates registered with THDCIL as per merit based on the GATE -2018 marks and will be extended “Offer of Appointment” the on provisional basis.
1. The Selection process will be entirely based on the GATE Score-2018. GATE Score of 2017 and prior is not valid.
2. There will be no Group Discussion and Interview and selection will be based purely on GATE Scores.
3. The normalized scores of GATE will form the basis of merit list.
4. The merit list shall be separate for General/OBC/SC/ST/PWD category
5. In case the GATE Score of two candidates are same then marks obtained in Qualifying Examination (Engineering degree) will form the basis, in case the marks of Qualifying Examination (Engineering degree) is also same then marks obtained in class XII will be taken into consideration, in case the marks of Class XII is also same then marks obtained in Class X will be taken into consideration. In case the number obtained in Class X is also same then Date of birth will be taken into consideration for preparing merit between such two candidates and person born earlier shall be considered.
6. The SC, ST, OBC candidates who are on the same merit as that of a general candidate but have not availed any relaxation available to them shall be included in General merit.
Important Dates for THDC Recruitment through GATE 2018
|THDC India Ltd application form will be available from||05/Jan/2018|
|THDC India Ltd application form will be available till||31/Jan/2018|