Last Updated: 4th April, 2015
IIT Indore M.Tech Admission 2015
IIT Indore invites applications from highly motivated and research oriented students for admission to its M.Tech. Programs with a provision for converting it to M.Tech. + Phd Dual Degree Program during 2ndsemester of the program.
|Specialization (Seats for TA category only: GEN+OBC- NC+SC+ST)||Qualifying Degree and Exam||Admission Category|
||1. MHRD Teaching Assistantship under TA category
IIT graduates with CPI equal to or more than 7.0, SWF, SWP and DF category candidates are exempted from the GATE qualification.
The first is defined as
- 60 % marks for GEN/OBC (55% for SC/ST) category in aggregate or as specified by the University/Institute , OR
- CPI/CGPA of 6.0 for GEN/OBC (5.5 for SC/ST) category on the scale of 10; with corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than on 10 (for example 4.8 for GEN/OBC category (4.4 for SC/ST) on a scale of 8) , OR
- A first as specified by the University/Institute awarding the degree.
- Payment of Application fee: (Non-refundable) application fee of Rs. 800.00 (Rs. Eight Hundred Only) must be paid online ONLY by transferring to the Bank Account:
Bank Name: State Bank of India, Khandwa Road Branch, Indore. Account Name: Registrar Indian Institute of Technology Indore. Bank Account Number: 32426107444.
Bank Account Type: Current. IFSC Code: SBIN0011779.
- The subject/narration of online payment must mention “M.Tech. Application Fee”.
The candidate must pay the application fee and then apply ONLINE through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in). While applying online, the transaction ID of online application fee payment must be mentioned.
- Separate application form must be filled along with payment of application fee for applying to each M.Tech. program.
- After submitting the application online, the filled application form must be downloaded. Its signed hard-copy along with recent photograph, self-attested relevant certificates/document, transaction slip of online payment of the
application fee, and photocopy of the valid GATE score card must reach to the address of correspondence on or before 30thApril 2015 (Thursday).
- The application received after the last date of application OR not meeting the qualifying criteria OR incomplete in any aspect will NOT be considered for further processing and no correspondence in such matters will be entertained.
- The SWF, SWP, DF and IS category candidates must submit Sponsorship certificate (appendix I), No Objection Certificate (appendix II) and Certificate of study leave (appendix-IV) from their employer in the IIT Indore prescribed format (available at http://academic.iiti.ac.in/phdforms/5022015Additional-Forms-for-IS+SW+DF-category.pdf) and their salary slips of last six months along with their application.
- The envelope of the application must CLEARLY mention “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION IN (name of the programme and discipline) for AY 2015-16” and must be posted to the following address:
Address for Correspondence:
For MTech Program in CSP: Ms. Shagufta Rahim
For MTech Program in PIE: Mr. Rajeev Kumar,
For MTech Program in MSE: Ms. Nilu RoyIndian Institute of Technology Indore (PACL Campus) 113/2-B, Opp. to Veterinary College, Indore-Mhow Road, Indore Pin Code 453 446 (MP) India
|Last date for on-line application||April 20, 2015 (Monday)|
|Last date for receiving the hardcopy of the application along with all the documents||April 30, 2015 (Thursday)|
|Date of uploading the list of the candidates short-listed for counseling on IIT Indore website||June 5, 2015 (Friday)|
|Counseling schedule (for details see the table below)||June 22-24, 2015|
|Commencement of the program||July 21, 2015 (Tuesday)|
- The candidates to be called for counseling will be short-listed according to their GATE score. The list will be available on the IIT Indore website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in) on 5thJune 2015.
- No separate call letter will be sent to the short-listed candidates for attending the counseling.
- Among the short-listed candidates, those attending the counseling process will be offered admission in the respective M.Tech. program and in the respective category strictly in the order of merit.
- After verification of all the relevant documents, submission of original GATE score card and payment of entire amount of the admission fee (Rs. 30,350/- for GEN and OBC-NC and Rs. 25,350/- for SC and ST candidates with hostel facility but excluding dining charges; dining charges will be extra)*, the admission offer will be given on the spot to those candidates who accept the offer of admission.
Venue of counseling: Indian Institute of Technology Indore (PACL Campus)
113/2-B, Opp. to Veterinary College,
Indore-Mhow Road, Indore Pin Code 453 446 (MP) India
Date and timings of counseling:
|Program||SC, ST and OBC-NC||General category and the candidates under admission category of SWP, SWF, DF, IS|
|MTech (CSP)||June 22, 2015 (Monday) Reporting Time: 10:00 hrsCounseling Duration: 10:30 to 12:30 hrs||June 22, 2015 (Monday) Reporting Time: 14:00 hrCounseling Duration: 14:30 to 16:30 hrs|
|MTech (PIE)||June 23, 2015 (Tuesday) Reporting Time: 10:00 hrsCounseling Duration: 10:30 to 12:30 hr||June 23, 2015 (Tuesday) Reporting Time: 14.00 hrsCounseling Duration: 14:30 to 16:30 hrs|
|MTech (MSE)||June 24, 2015 (Wednesday) Reporting Time: 10:00 hrsCounseling Duration: 10:30 to 12:30 hrs||June 24, 2015 (Wednesday) Reporting Time: 14:00 hrsCounseling Duration: 14:30 to 16:30 hrs|
- Scholarship will be paid to the students admitted under MHRD-Teaching Assistantship category as per the MHRD norms after successful completion of the assigned TA duties on monthly basis.
- The Institute will not provide any type of scholarship to the SWF, SWP, DF and IS category candidates.
- The candidates applying under SWF, SWP, DF and IS category must refer the document available at http://academic.iiti.ac.in/phdforms/5022015Additional-Rules-for-IS+SW-Part-Time-PG+PhD-Programs.pdf for the detailed information.