Last Updated: 19th July, 2014
MNIT Jaipur Spot Admission for M.Tech./M.Plan. for the session 2014-15
Spot admission for the vacant seats in various M.Tech. programmes at MNIT Jaipur for the academic year 2014-15 will be held as per the following schedule:
Online registration Through online portal: www.mnit.ac.in,
The online registration will start on 19-7-2014 and will close at 5 PM on 22-7-2014
Physical reporting 10.30 AM-11.30 AM on 24-7-2014
Venue Mini Auditoriu,m Design Centre, MNIT Jaipur
- A candidate must have a valid GATE Score of the year 2013 or 2014.
- Eligibility criteria to M.Tech./M.Plan. admission will be 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for Open/OBC category whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST candidates in the qualifying degree. For PWD candidates, the eligibility criterion will apply to the category they belong to (Open/OBC/SC/ST). The above mentioned CGPA/Percentage should be aggregate based on all semesters.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual institute will not be considered / allowed.
- Those candidates who have already taken admission at any Institute through CCMT are not eligible for spot round until they cancel their admission.
- In every programme only certain combinations of eligibility degree disciplines and GATE subject are allowed. The Groups G1 and G2 in Metallurgical & Materials Engineering as well as in Steel Technology have been merged. Please see the degree eligibility matrix given on the MNIT website.
Procedure of Admission
The eligible candidates must register through online portal mentioned above before 5 PM on 22nd July 2014. After successful online registration, a printable PDF version of Spot Admission Registration Form will be generated. Candidates who have registered online will have to personally report with the printed form and documents (original and one set of photocopy) to MNIT Jaipur from 10.30 AM to 11.30 AM on 24-7-2014. Such candidates only will be considered for spot admission against vacant seat as per their GATE score. The candidates who are CCMT registered (i.e. they have already paid the CCMT application fee of Rs. 1750/- for OC, OBC and Rs. 1250/- for SC, ST candidates) need not pay the registration fee again. The other candidates will have to pay the registration fee (Rs. 1750/- for OC, OBC and Rs. 1250/- for SC, ST candidates) by DD drawn in favour of Registrar, MNIT Jaipur payable at Jaipur. The candidate, to whom seat is allotted, has to pay the Institute fee on the same day in the form of DD drawn in favour of Registrar, MNIT Jaipur payable at Jaipur.
Candidates should carry the following original documents and one set of photocopy at the time of reporting:
- Printout of Spot Admission Registration Form
- Original GATE score card (2013/2014)
- ID proof as per Govt. of India norms
- Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
- Mark sheet of Class XII
- All semesters Grade/Mark sheets of qualifying examination
- Degree / Provisional certificate, if degree is completed
- Course completion certificate (by result awaiting candidates)
- Certificate of category (OBC / SC / ST), if applicable, issued by the competent authority. (OBC certificate must be issued on or after April 1, 2014).
- Undertaking by the candidate regarding OBC status in required format
- Certificate for Persons With Disabilities (PWD), if applicable
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Four passport-size photos
Note: If the data filled by the candidate during the registration of online application is found to be wrong at the time of verification of the original documents, his/her seat allotment is liable to be cancelled. If the original certificates are not in English/Hindi, English/Hindi version/translation of such certificates, duly certified by the Principal/Director of the passing out institute, will be required during verification of documents. A set of self attested photocopies of above mentioned documents should also be submitted at the time of reporting.
The candidate, whom the seat is allotted, has to pay the fee as per details mentioned below:
Single Demand Draft
Single Demand Draft
*Categories are OC: General, OB: Other backward class-non creamy layer, SC: Schedule Class, ST: Schedule tribe, PWD: Persons with disability.
The institute fee should be paid in the name of the Registrar, MNIT Jaipur payable at Jaipur.
Separate fee of Rs. 30500/- should be paid to MNIT Mess Council in form of Cash/Demand Draft for Hostel Allotment.
Address for communication: Dean, Academic
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur-302017