Last Updated: 19th July, 2014
NIT CALICUT M.TECH SPOT ADMISSION 2014
Spot admission for the vacant seats in various M.Tech. programmes at National Institute of Technology, Calicut will be held as per the following schedule:
|Registration Time||9.00 A.M. to 10.00 A.M.(Registration beyond 10.00 A.M. is NOT permitted)|
|Venue||BHASKARA HALL, NIT CALICUT|
Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech degree programme through Spot Admission at NIT Calicut should have completed/passed regular full time B.E./B.Tech. degree in an appropriate branch from an approved Institute/University with minimum 60% marks (or CGPA 6.5/10) in aggregate and for SC/ST candidates 55% marks (or CGPA 6/10) in aggregate in the qualifying examination.Candidates also should have a valid GATE score (2013 or 2014).
Those who have taken admission already through CCMT-2014 process in any Institute and wish to participate in the Spot Admission at NIT Calicut have to cancel their admission before appearing for Spot Admission. A proof of cancellation need to be produced at the time of Spot Round Registration.
Upper age limit for admission to M.Tech programme: 40 years
Vacancy status for spot admission will be displayed in the Institute website on 21-07-2014.
Registration for Spot Admission : The eligible candidates should register for spot admission in person on 23.07.2014 (Wednesday) between 9.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. Those who come after 10.00 a.m. will not be allowed for registration.
Selection Process: Seats will be allotted to the eligible candidates based on GATE score (2013 or 2014) only. In the case of candidates having same GATE score, following criterion will be used in the stated order of preference.
- Candidates having GATE score in 2013 will be given preference over candidate having score of 2014.
- If years of GATE score is same then the candidate who was born earlier as compared to other candidates with tie, will be given preference.
- In highly unlikely event of their birth date being same i.e. same date of birth with same GATE score and year then preference will be given to that candidate who has passed qualifying exam in earlier academic year.
Original Documents In case a candidate gets a seat, he/she has to pay the institute fee and produce the following documents in original for verification, failing which his/her seat allotment will be cancelled and that seat will be allotted to the next registered candidate in the list.
- a) Valid Photo Identity Card
- b) GATE score card (2013/2014)
- c) Class X (High School) Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth
- d) Grade/Mark sheets of all semesters of qualifying examination
- e) Degree / Provisional certificate, if degree is completed
- f) Course completion certificate (for Candidates awaiting results)
- g) Certificate of category (OBC / SC / ST), if applicable, issued by the competent authority
- (OBC certificate (non-creamy layer) should have been obtained on or after 1.4.2014)
- h) Certificate for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates (if applicable)
- i) Transfer/Leaving Certificate from the institution last attended/ Migration Certificate
- j) Conduct/Character certificate from the Head of the Institution/Organization last attended/ working issued within last six months.
- k) Six passport size photographs and one stamp size photograph.
Institute fee: The seat allotted candidate has to pay the institute fee of Rs. Rs.44,730/- in the form of DD drawn in favour of “The Director, NIT Calicut” payable at State Bank of India, NIT Calicut Branch (Code No.2207) on the same day.
Hostel Fee: In case hostel accommodation is required, the candidate has to pay the hostel fee of Rs.13,000/- in the form of DD drawn in favour of “The Chief Warden, NITC Hostels” payable at State Bank of India, NIT Calicut Branch (Code No.2207) on the same day.
Date of Orientation and Registration for all admitted candidates : 04-08-2014, 9.00 a.m.
Commencement of I Semester Class Work for the Institute : 05.08.2014 Chairman PG Admissions NIT Calicut