Last Updated: 22nd July, 2014
NIT Durgapur Spot round Counseling M.Tech Admission 2014
For GATE-qualified students
The following procedure will be followed for Spot round counseling for admission to M. Tech. programmes at NIT Durgapur on July 24, 2014.
- Only GATE-qualified candidates (2013 & 2014) will be considered.
- Candidates who already registered for CCMT 2014 as well as those who did not register for CCMT 2014 shall be considered.
- The candidates who already registered for CCMT 2014, including those who have surrendered / withdrawn, will not have to pay any counseling fee.
- The candidates should visit www.ccmt.in and www.nitdgp.ac.in for the vacancy list at NIT Durgapur to be posted on July 21, 2014 (evening) and accordingly decide to attend the counseling.
- The candidates who have not registered for CCMT 2014 shall bring a demand draft of Rs 250 (SC & ST) and Rs 500 (others) payable to “NIT Durgapur” at Durgapur towards counseling fee and deposit it at the counseling centre. This fee is non-refundable.
- All candidates must report at NIT Durgapur on July 24, 2014 during 9 AM – 10.30 AM. Only the candidates reporting within 10.30 AM (with the required bank draft, if applicable) will be allowed to participate in the spot round counseling. Anybody reporting after 10.30 AM shall be debarred from participating in the spot counseling.
- The database of the candidates who reported for counseling shall be processed and the seats will be allotted in the afternoon as per vacancy.
- The eligibility criteria for M. Tech admission of NIT Durgapur will be followed. See the Information Brochure of CCMT 2014 for details.
- The norms of CCMT 2014 will be followed for allotment of seats. See the Information Brochure of CCMT 2014 for details.
- The selected candidates must take admission immediately after allotment on the same day. In case the admission time conflicts with the banking hour, admission may have to be taken on the next day.
- Hostel accommodation will be provided to the students other than the residents of Durgapur on August 05, 2014. No accommodation will be made available prior to that. Classes will commence from August 06, 2014.
- Candidates selected in the spot round will be eligible for scholarship as applicable.
- No one will be considered in absentia.
- The candidates must fill their details online at the link available at www.nitdgp.ac.in before reporting at the counseling centre. The said link will be activated on July 21, 2014 (evening).
- Before filling up the Online Application Form, download Information Brochure CCMT 2014 from CCMT website and M Tech Qualifying Degree Discipline & Code from the Information brochure CCMT 2014.
- After filling up the Online Application Form, click the Submit Button; it will generate a unique ID of each applicant. Using the Print option print the Application Form.
- No candidate will be considered for counseling without the Original GATE score-card.
All candidates must bring the following documents (Original & one photocopy). Visit www.ccmt.in for the formats included in the Information Brochure. The candidates will not be considered for Spot counseling if they do not bring the required documents.
- Printout of the Spot Round Online Application Form duly signed by the candidat
- Original GATE score card (2013/2014) (web-copy/photocopy will be invalid) – to be retained by the Institute for successful candidates who are admitted in NIT Durgapur
- Printout of the Application Form (CCMT-2014), if registered for CCMT 2014
- Proof of payment of Application Fee for registration process of CCMT 2014 (Original)
- Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
- Mark sheet of Class XII
- All semesters Grade/Mark sheets of qualifying examination
- Degree / Provisional certificate, if degree is completed
- Certificate of category (OBC/SC/ST), if applicable as per Government of India must be issued by the competent authority. In case of OBC category, the certificate must be issued on or after April 1, 2014.
- Undertaking by the candidate regarding OBC status in the required format
- Certificate for Persons With Disabilities (PWD), if applicable, issued by the competent authority
- Migration Certificate (to be submitted by September 15, 2014, if not available now)
5 copies of coloured photographs (Passport size).