Last Updated: 29th November, 2014
NIT Goa Admission to Ph.D. Program 2014-15
NIT Goa is offering Ph.D Programmes in the following disciplines:
Indicative list of Broad Areas of Research:
- Computer Science and Engineering: Data Mining, Wireless sensor networks, machine learning, Computer Vision, Content based information retrieval, Cryptography and Information security .
- Electronics & Communications Engineering:Digital Signal Processing, Image and Video Processing, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Communication Engineering, Wireless Communication, Information Theory, Analog and Digital VLSI Circuits and Signal Processing, Solid State Devices, Nanotechnology, Microelectronics and Embedded systems.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Power systems, Control systems, Power Electronics and Drives.
Humanities and Sciences:
- Economics: Macro Monetary Economics, International Trade and Finance, Financial Economics and Development Economics.
- English: American Literature, British Literature, Indian Writing in English.
- Chemistry: Electron Paramagnetic Resonance spectroscopy.
- Mathematics: Fluid Dynamics, Inverse Problems, Numerical Optimization, Mathematical Ecology, Non-linear Dynamics and Stochastic Modelling in mathematical Biology.
- Physics: Photonics and Fiber optic Sensors.
Engineering and Technology
Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in the relevant discipline with a minimum 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Technical Institute or University. [Minimum 6.0 CGPA or 55% marks for SC/ST candidates]
Candidates will be considered for Ph.D. programme on the basis of: Valid GATE score card or CSIR/UGC-NET
Humanities & Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Economics and English)
Master’s degree in Sciences or Humanities / M. Tech in the relevant area with a minimum 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Institute or University. [Minimum 6.0 CGPA or 55% marks for SC/ST candidates]
Candidates will be considered for Ph.D. programme on the basis of: Valid GATE score card or CSIR/NBHM/UGC-NET fellowship
Scholarship I Assistantship: The selected candidates shall be entitied for scholarship I assistantship as per Govt of India norms from time to time. Research scholars selected for the Ph.D. programme will have to complete the allotted course work within two years of the joining of Ph.D. Programme and will be governed by Ph.D. regulations of the Institute.
NOTE: Accommodation is NOT available for the Ph.D. scholars in hostel of the Institute. However, accommodation is available on rent at affordable cost within 2-4 km radius from the Institute.
The admission to Ph.D. Programme will be on the criteria given below:
a) Overall academic performance (to be fixed by the Institute) 70%
b) Interview conducted by the Department 3 0%
All candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the requisite Institute fee at the time of admission.
Details of Ph.D. Fee Structure:
How to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme
The application form and other relevant information for admission to Ph.D. program may be downloaded from the Institute website: www.nitgoa.ac.in. Applications form, duly filled in, must contain a crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- for General I OBC and Rs. 300/- for SC I ST candidates. The DD should be drawn in favour of “Director NIT Goa” payable at Ponda, Goa and should reach, NIT Goa 403-401 on or before 22.12.2014
• Newspaper Advertisement I Internal Advertisement by: 26.11.2014
• Last date for receipt of Application form: 22.12.2014
• Intimation regarding interview call to be posted on institute website
• Date of interview at NIT Goa: 02.01.2015
• Date of announcement of results: 05.01.2015
• No separate interview letter I communication will be made to candidates
For Downloading Notification and Application form Click Here