Last Updated: 30th January, 2019
Phd Stipend Hike | JRF / SRF / RA Fellowship increased
Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India has approve the hike in the stipend of researchers (Rs. 6,000/- increased for JRF and Rs. 7,000/- for SRF) Effective from 01 Jan 2019. The hike is applicable to the research personnel working on R&D programmes funded by the Central Government Department/ Agencies.
|Junior Research Fellow (JRF) |
(First two year of Phd)
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b. The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST. DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, I1T. lISc, USER etc.
|Senior Research Fellow (SRF) |
(Last three year of Phd)
Qualification prescribed for JRF with two years of research experience
1.DA: JRFs, SRFs and Research Associates will not be entitled to DA.
2. House Rent Allowance (HRA): All research fellows may be provided hostel accommodation wherever available. Research fellowship holder residing in hostels shall not be entitled for HRA. Wherever provision of hostel accommodation is not possible, HRA may be allowed to all the above categories viz. JRF, SRF and RA as per Central Government norms applicable in the city/location where they are working. The percentage required for calculating HRA will be based on the fellowship amount.
3. Medical Benefits: The research fellows and research associates (JRF/SRF/RA) will be entitled for medical allowance as applicable in the implementing institution.
4. Leave and other entitlements: The JRF/SRF are eligible only for casual leave
5. Bonus & Leave Travel Concession: JRFs, SRFs and Research Associates will not be entitled to these allowances.
6. Retirement Benefits: JRFs, SRFs and Research Associates will not be entitled to these benefits.