NIT M.Tech Eligibility Requirements
NIT M.Tech ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
For a candidate to be eligible for M.Tech./ M. Plan. programme:
- A candidate must have a valid GATE Score in the particular year.
- Eligibility criteria to M.Tech./M.Plan. admission will be 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for OC/OB/OM whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST candidates in the qualifying degree. For PD candidates the eligibility criterion will apply to the category they belong to (OC/OB/OM/SC/ST).
- In case of result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a student subject to meeting above benchmark latest by 15th September 2013.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual institute will not be considered/allowed.
- In every programme only certain combinations of eligibility degree disciplines and GATE subject are allowed. The eligibility matrix (see Annexure X) and seat matrix (see Annexure IX) provides details of such requirement as well as availability of seats of different category in each programme.
- In certain programmes (see Annexure VII) candidate would be eligible only if they have taken Maths as a subject in 10+2 (Class XII).
- Certain programmes have additional specific eligibility requirements (see Annexure VII). Eligibility against these requirements is not checked during registration process. Candidate is required to ensure that she/he fulfills all such requirements before filling and applying for such programme as their choice. Candidate will be solely responsible for checking of these requirements, and CCMT 2013 will not entertain any claims arising out of failure on part of candidate applying without ensuring compliance of their candidature.
Admissions Process Overview
Cancellation and Refund
Admission Process Flow Chart
Rules For Seat Allotment
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Priority List (2012)